USB Sockets Dead?

Gary

Just purchased a HDR-FOX T2 from ebay. All seems fine apart from the USB sockets. No matter what I plug into them nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions on a fix?

No matter what I plug into them
What, specifically?

From https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/hdr-fox-hardware-commissioning-disassembly-repair.5728/:
Commissioning Tests to Verify a HDR-FOX

• Regardless of which version of firmware you intend to use in the future, install the latest available Humax firmware (1.03.12 at the time of writing). Download and instructions available HERE (click), see "Official Firmware" and "Installing Firmware". Note: this is not pointless even if the firmware is up-to-date - it confirms those aspects of functionality right through from USB port to firmware execution.

There are two USB ports, one on the front (under a cover, lower right) and one on the rear (immediately below the Ethernet socket). It is unlikely the rear socket won't work, but if the front port isn't working that is likely to be caused by a broken wire in the cable which connects it to the main circuit board inside the HDR-FOX (it is not very well engineered, and has to negotiate a very tight bend which over-stresses the cable)..

If it fails this test, even the rear port, then either the wire to the front port is broken and there is a faulty solder joint on the rear port, or you have bought a pig in a poke.

ok well, obviously I can't install the custom firmware.

I've tried a usb stick that has a light on in both the front and rear ports. No light. Whenever I plug or unplug any usb nothing happens on the box.

So it sounds like I need to open it up and look for the joints on the port. Can't really blame the seller is the unit seems fine in all other respects and MAYBE they were not aware of the usb problem

Back