Using Humax FVP-5000T with Samsung QLED TV

AdverseTangent

Does anyone here have this combination set up? I'm having some difficulty getting my Samsung one remote to control my Humax box. It worked perfectly when I set up, then one day it just didn't. Been through the set up loads of times, but my Humax box can not detect my TV remote.

Did anyone else have this problem and manage to overcome it? Presumably a problem with the Samsung, but I suppose it could be the Humax?

Does anyone here have this combination set up? I'm having some difficulty getting my Samsung one remote to control my Humax box. It worked perfectly when I set up, then one day it just didn't. Been through the set up loads of times, but my Humax box can not detect my TV remote.
Is it working for other devices connected to your TV?
Does the Humax still appear in the source list? (Home > Source)
Have you checked that it still the Humax that is set as the TV's source?
When you went through the setup again did you confirm that the TV was successfully connected to your router and could access the internet, and the FVP-500T was powered on, and that you gave enough time for the TV to programme the remote (or does it signal when it is complete?)?

I suppose it could be the Humax?
Have you used the original FVP-5000T remote to check which remote mode the FVP-5000T is on, or does the OneRemote only use mode1, in which case using the FVP-5000T's remote have you checked that the FVP-5000T is still on mode 1.

I have it working with other devices - a DVD player and an Apple TV. All working well there. The Humax does appear in the source list and is working okay if controlled by the Humax remote. It's also in my shortcut menu on the home bar. It's clearly not set up properly as I no longer get the options with it anymore - like 'guide', 'recordings' etc that I had before. Have tried deleting it and setting it up again but no joy.

When returning to the source list, there are two options 'edit' and 'Universal remote'. The remote option gives the option to start setting it up. I select cable/satellite box, confirm it is connected to the TV directly (not via a home theatre system). Asks for postcode, which I input, asks for service provider (Freeview play for my region), next my TV service provider (Humax). Asks to confirm TV source (HDMI1), then the options to test the remote (channel up/channel down and confirm if it changed channels) - it doesn't right up to the final 20th attempt. Search model number comes up. Select manufacturer (Humax), but not of the options coming up are for FVP-5000t. Nearest is FVP-4000t. That doesn't work and nor do any of the other options. When it did work previously it just worked without getting to the model number stage. I'm a bit stuck here.

The TV is connected fine to the router (it's a wired connection), internet services working okay. FVP... powered on - not sure what you mean by mode 1. Are you able to elaborate?

Thanks for your help.

not sure what you mean by mode 1. Are you able to elaborate?
The FVP-5000T remote and its set top box can operate using 6 different modes enabling you to have 6 remotes and 6 FVP-5000T in 1 room and each remote operating a different box.
The default is "Mode 1". Some universal remotes only work for Mode 1.
See this link for how to make sure that your box is still on Mode 1. Or you could try changing to mode 3 (or one of the others) and back to Mode 1 again.
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/using-more-than-1-humax-box-in-the-same-room.6008/#post-78262

Select manufacturer (Humax), but not of the options coming up are for FVP-5000t. Nearest is FVP-4000t. That doesn't work and nor do any of the other options. When it did work previously it just worked without getting to the model number stage.
The FVP-5000T is really a relaunch of the FVP-4000T. At least some of the initial FVP-5000T still had the circuit board marked as FVP-4000T.

Is it established that this "Samsung One" communicates with other units by CEC via the TV and HDMI lead? If so, and if it was working fine before and nothing else has changed, I would:
  1. Perform a hard reset on the 5000T and the TV (power off at the wall);

2. Check nothing has disturbed the HDMI lead, maybe replace the HDMI lead;

3. Try a different HDMI input on the TV.
Does RC mode affect CEC? I fancy it would only affect IR.

I just set my TV to CEC so the TV switches on off with the Humax so I never used the TV remote. I just use the Humax controller

Back