Video glitch after channel retune - possibly caused by DetectAds?

BJD

Hi all

Looking for some help and guidance from you clever chaps in the forum

I recently retuned my HDR Fox2T in order to be able to get 5HD
Previously everything was generally OK with my set up
Ever since this retune virtually all of my recordings have glitches where the picture breaks up for a few seconds (usually just after the adverts) and then resumes....I also get (red) errors in Webif e.g.

14/11/2017 19:59:43 - DetectAds /media/My Video/All New Traffic Cops/Traffic Cops_20171114_1900.ts Detection Length error, Bookmarks may be upto 00:00:20 out

I have removed DetectAds and it seems to have stopped but I would like to continue using DetectAds if possible

Not sure what to do?

Any help or suggestions, as always, is very much appreciated

You need to get your tuning sorted out, as it “smells” like you are now receiving from the wrong transmitter. Once you are receiving cleanly you won’t have these problems.

Check the advice here: Things Every... (click) section 2 (para 4).

Last edited:
Ever since this retune virtually all of my recordings have glitches where the picture breaks up for a few seconds (usually just after the adverts) and then resumes....I also get (red) errors in Webif e.g.

14/11/2017 19:59:43 - DetectAds /media/My Video/All New Traffic Cops/Traffic Cops_20171114_1900.ts Detection Length error, Bookmarks may be upto 00:00:20 out
This is due to the reception not being OK when the recording was made.
I'm afraid it is a case of not shooting the messenger.

I have removed DetectAds and it seems to have stopped
That would be the hand of coincidence dealing the deck.

This is due to the reception not being OK when the recording was made.
I'm afraid it is a case of not shooting the messenger.

That would be the hand of coincidence dealing the deck.
Followed the advice of black hole I.e. full manual retune and all seems good again. Many thanks!

You can also minimize any impact of using DetectAds by not running in chase run mode and not allowing Auto processing to run while recordings are in progress.

Back