Visual Schedule Stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a number of updates were automatically installed at boot-up yesterday morning, Visual Schedule is no longer displayed -- it now shows only a narrow screen-wide blank rectangle with the word "Schedule" at its top left corner. This happens on two boxes both running the same setup. For reference:

Web interface version: 1.5.0-4
Custom firmware version: 3.13 (build 4028)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.13)
Loader Version: a7.34

It does it here too. I've reverted that particular change in 1.5.0-5 until I understand it.
It's not recommended to install beta packages automatically, but thanks for reporting it.

Visual Schedule is no longer displayed -- it now shows only a narrow screen-wide blank rectangle with the word "Schedule" at its top left corner.
I also had that plus on the Diagnostics's Mux info page no muxs listed anymore.
I've tried Edge, Chrome and firefox.

It does it here too. I've reverted that particular change in 1.5.0-5 until I understand it.
Thanks That fixed the Visual Schedule page but not the Mux Info page.
Is the Mux Info page OK for anyone who has the latest beta?

The HDR with the beta, but no diagnostics mux info, is now using:
Web interface version: 1.5.0-5
Custom firmware version: 3.13 (build 4028)
Humax Version: 1.02.20 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.13)​
and has been rebooted after a full power off.

Using a different HDR with similar packages but using 1.03.12 I first checked that the packages were up to date (without any beta), and that the Mux Info was being displayed OK and then installed the latest jim (0.81-3) and webif (1.5.0-5) packages.

This does result in the mux info no longer being displayed after the latest beta's are installed.

It's not recommended to install beta packages automatically, but thanks for reporting it.
That fixed it, though as someone else wrote, the Mux Info is still broken.

I'm in no way a programmer, but have perhaps rashly flirted with the bleeding edge of beta software since I started computing some 40 years ago. There have been the occasional hiccups like this one but so far luckily no major disasters.

I wasn't even aware of the beta forum or that these latest updates were betas. Looking into this now, I found that when first setting up the custom firmware many years ago, I had opted to automatically update beta packages and have since had no reason to regret the decision. A few other hiccups were, like this one, fixed commendably quickly, in some cases before I'd even noticed them.

I wasn't even aware of the beta forum or that these latest updates were betas.
You wouldn't have beta versions of packages unless you had deliberately installed the opkg-beta package. The only information about the opkg-beta package is in the Beta forum, so...

Can we move this thread to the Beta forum please, mods?

You wouldn't have beta versions of packages unless you had deliberately installed the opkg-beta package. The only information about the opkg-beta package is in the Beta forum, so...

In what has long been familiar as your snide conversational style, you have just called me a liar. So I did a quick search on "opkg-beta" and found two threads in the main Customised Firmware forum -- in both of which, incidentally, you were active. In one thread, you advised someone to enable showing advanced packages in the package management screen, something I probably did the day I installed the software. In the other thread, rather ironically, you complained about someone doubting something that you had reported. Pots and kettles come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back