1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VLC on iPad Crashes HD-FOX

Discussion in 'HD-FOX T2 Freeview Receiver' started by Black Hole, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Black Hole

Black Hole May contain traces of nut

Weird one this, and I'm filing it here for want of a better category.

I have discovered that I can use VLC on iPad to access a decrypted recording from my "news server" HDR-FOX by FTP. This is handy because I am currently running a HD-FOX in the bedroom without automount, so I am reliant on the remote recordings having been DLNA-indexed, which does not happen for some time (post-decryption). So I use the iPad to catch up on the regional news on Breakfast for both Wales and West, because I can't watch both at the same time and I am probably distracted with emails and forum anyway.

On both occasions that I have tried it, exiting VLC on the iPad has coincided with an immediately subsequent crash and reboot of the HD-FOX! How the heck does that work?

Obviously the HD-FOX has a different IP address from the HDR-FOX I was accessing from iPad/VLC. The iPad is on my WiFi network, the HD-FOX and HDR-FOX are on my HomePlug network - which is the only point of commonality that I can think of. I can see no evidence that any of my HDR-FOXes crashed at the same time.

Can anyone reproduce this?
  2. Black Hole

Black Hole May contain traces of nut

Happened again today (100% record). I guess I will have to use Wire Shark or something to find out what's going on.