Volume a little low

surefire

Hi Chaps
I recently bought a sound bar that plugs into a HDMI port on my TV which sounds great. the only issue I'm having is that when I change to different HDMI inputs the volume has to be adjusted on the TV. Basically it's too quiet an output from the Humax. I have maxed out the volume on the Humax remote but there is still a big difference. I was wondering if there was a way of increasing the volume level from the Humax other than on the remote (some hidden menu perhaps)

Cheers.

Have you tried switching Menu >> Settings >> Preferences >> Audio >> Digital Audio Output between Stereo and Multi-channel?

Other than that you're out of options. The TV might have independent source volume adjustment, or you could try optical or analogue audio output.

Last edited:
If I tune both my Samsung TV and Humax to the same channel and switch between TV and the Humax HDMI input the levels are so close that I do not have to alter the Samsung TV volume (Using the buit in speakers), if anything I would say the Humax is slightly louder when set to 20. So I would suggest that any problem is not due to the Humax. But I am not an expert on HDMI connections.

How is yours when compared through the TV's own speakers ?

Last edited:
The sound bar needs a function to set the gain for each input, but maybe yours doesn't have that: a brief internet search suggests that no sound bar has it. A proper AV receiver should have it, but that won't be a slim tube that you can stick in front of the TV.

You could go analogue and just pop one of these in, a snip @ only £6499 !

Back