Volume control not working from Humax remote

Let us know the eventual outcome please Paddy.
Adapter received, plugged in, on changing TV source to Component get the message "No signal", though the signal comes in fine through the Humax HDMI link. Strange... have tested the adapter, all connections fine between the SCART outpins 1-21 odd numbers only, the RCA connections and the two mini-jacks - I get, through the component minijack, 1 (tip) blue, 2 green, 3 ground, 4 red.
I have tried this with two TVs, the Samsung and a Technika, and two Humax 9300Ts, which all work fine with HDMI.
Any suggestions? I like a challenge :)

That's because the 9300 does not have component output on scart or on any other output. Only box I know that was able to switch the scart output to component was the Topfield pvr's. RGB and component use some of the same connections on scart so it's not possible to have both at the same time. Any adaptor requires the source to be capable of outputting component. if it doesn't you will get nothing. Your adaptor would work with a a Topfield pvr if the scart output was switched from RGB to component.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCART

The 9300 has composite video output Yellow - CVBS and Red/White Stereo analogue output. Kit with component outputs have 5 sockets Video Y,Cr, Cb and audio Red/White or a stereo mini socket. ie Component requires 3 video sockets not just one. CVBS composite Video Blanking and synch is the worst possible video source as it combines the luminance and chrominance onto a single connection. Cross talk between the two degrades the signal with some video content.

https://www.the-home-cinema-guide.com/component-video-cable.html

If you really need component YCrCb say for use with a AV receiver you need a active RGB to Component converter. These converters are hard to find. all the ones I can find are no longer available.

In short your challenge is impossible with the hardware you have, :(

Last edited:
That's because the 9300 does not have component output on scart or on any other output. Only box I know that was able to switch the scart output to component was the Topfield pvr's.
Like the HDR-9200T which came out as about the same time as the Topfield 5800, the 9300T has 2 scarts and the top one marked 'TV SCART' does support RGB if you go to the A/V Control menu and turn it on.

Like the HDR-9200T which came out as about the same time as the Topfield 5800, the 9300T has 2 scarts and the top one marked 'TV SCART' does support RGB if you go to the A/V Control menu and turn it on.

RGB is not the same as component video. You need to gen up on the differences between composite, component, and RGB.

Back