Volume - Humax and Sound Bar

makem

I have acquired a Sony Sound Bar for use with my Panasonic TV and this is working fine for the TV. Having set the sound level for the TV, when I turn it on it retains that sound level, needing no intervention.

However, if I change the TV source to a Humax, the sound is far to loud. It has to be turned down on the Humax to around level 15 every time as the level is not retained, instead, returning to full volume (20).

I will be using an IR Blaster via Alexa to control the sound level of the TV.

Is there some method of fixing the Humax sound level thereby allowing control via the TV remote/IR Blaster?

The volume setting on the HDR-FOX is normally retained. Either the problem is not the HDR-FOX, or you are already doing something to over-ride the normal behaviour.

Note also you cannot control the volume level (at the Humax) if you have the sound output configured for multi-channel rather than stereo.

As far as i am aware the installation is bog standard. I will check out the boot package when home thanks

boot-settings it was :)

These units run so well, I never check to see what af123 has added. Perhaps I should in future.

As a matter of interest, is there any proposal (if it was possible) to use his CF on future upgraded equipment?

As a matter of interest, is there any proposal (if it was possible) to use his CF on future upgraded equipment?
:rolling:
If by that you mean on 1800T/2000T or 4000T/5000T I'd say there is no possibility. With the 1800/2000T a very limited sub-set of CF functions can be done using a PC and the network connection. No one has managed (or spent the time) to create a CF for these models - unfortunate for those of us that have a 2000T. From what I can gather about the 4000/5000T even the simplest sub-set of CF functions are impossible.

Spoke to soon :(

HDR Fox T2 number 1:

Boot-time Parameter Settings - Volume 15, Favourite Group 1 - Favourite 1 Both entries have a great big red X and the volume is at 20 after a reboot.
The Favorite Group is in fact Favourite 1 as it always usually is without the boot-time setting.

HDR FOX T2 number 2:

Identical to above as in settings and result except the Favourites Group is just called My Favourites without the addition of the '1 at the end and is as always found without the boot-time settings.

It appears any changes are not allowed for some reason. Perhaps there is a support package needed or some other setting needs changing?

EDIT: webif version is 1.4.3-3

I found the reason for the big red X !

Could the failure to set the volume be related to the fact that the sound is passed from the T2 to the TV via HDMI and from the TV to the sound bar via HDMI (ARC)? (Clutching at straws here)

Last edited:
:rolling:
If by that you mean on 1800T/2000T or 4000T/5000T I'd say there is no possibility. With the 1800/2000T a very limited sub-set of CF functions can be done using a PC and the network connection. No one has managed (or spent the time) to create a CF for these models - unfortunate for those of us that have a 2000T. From what I can gather about the 4000/5000T even the simplest sub-set of CF functions are impossible.

Ah, well in that case I will stay with the Fox T2 and keep changing the drives until they wear out lol

I could offer a swap as I have two ;)

Check to see if you still have the old poweron-channel package installed, this will override the boot-settings package if it is present

Back