Web IF server error 500

Kronos1234

Hi, I recently made the mistake of selecting "update packages" on the web IF. Since then I only get 500 - internal server error opening the page.
I've tryed re-installing the firmware and telnet to update/fix the webif but can't get it working. This is a much loved box and feature so any help would be greatly appretiated.

made the mistake of selecting "update packages"
That shouldn't be a mistake, but things can go wrong... what version are you running? Things will go wrong if your CF is significantly out of date and then you try to update or install packages not compatible with a deprecated version.

There might be a more subtle way of fixing it, but to rip up and start again: Reinstate Corrupt CF via RMA Mode

(Edited to refer to the relevant info elsewhere rather than maintain multiple copies)

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply.
I was on 3.0 CF and I've updated to 3.13 while trying to fix it.
This looks like a good plan but before I try it can I just check, will this wipe the current recordings and schedule please?
Thx

Thank you very much for your help, RMA on and off brought it back to life.
The reason for checking the safety of recordings would be in case the code architecture tied into the main product function rather than just disabling the custom parts of the code. What with GDPR and general public security conscience now, an RMA mode might posibly blank any user information, settings or private information. It's not something I've built into my products but then they are targeted at pro-markets rather than consumer and so don't have the same issues.
Once again, thank you very much for your help, much appretiated.

RMA mode is for wiping any evidence of custom firmware in case of warranty return (and then has to be completed by loading standard firmware). Whatever other precautions th euser might want to take is up to them, but you must remember this dates from pre-GDPR/PECR.

Back