Beta [webif] 1.5.0

MymsMan

Ad detector
I still have another 3 jim extension packages - any reason they weren't included in the consolidation exercise?
1663096543806.png

OP
prpr

prpr

Is there a good test?
The WebIf still works, which clearly it does from your screenshot, and nothing else is broken. The only likely thing was wireless-helper, but the dependency was removed in the recent promotion of 2.0 from beta to main repository.

OP
prpr

prpr

I still have another 3 jim extension packages - any reason they weren't included in the consolidation exercise?
Well, jim-cgi and jim-xconv are nothing to do with the official jim distribution/source, so that's why they are separate, but jim-binary is. I guess I thought it's not changed for ages and it doesn't seem to have any version dependence which the others did. It does seem odd now you mention it, so I'll take another look.
What screenshot?
Sorry, I confused MM's post with yours.
On another machine, what the heck does this mean
Weird. I have no idea. I guess it's an opkg funny. Hopefully it's benign and it should go away when the packages are moved to the main repo.

OP
prpr

prpr

Well, jim-cgi and jim-xconv are nothing to do with the official jim distribution/source, so that's why they are separate, but jim-binary is. I guess I thought it's not changed for ages and it doesn't seem to have any version dependence which the others did.
jim-binary only has one other dependency apart from the WebIf, and that is for tvdiary.
@martxw would you be able to change this? Either change jim-binary to jim, or remove it altogether, seeing as you already have a dependency on webif.

MymsMan

Ad detector
Just to clarify my upgrade was via automatic upgrade of webif package rather than manually updating the jim package, no problems have been observed,

It makes no difference to me whether the additional jim packages are integrated into the main jim package or not - it was just a curiosity question.

martxw

jim-binary only has one other dependency apart from the WebIf, and that is for tvdiary.
@martxw would you be able to change this? Either change jim-binary to jim, or remove it altogether, seeing as you already have a dependency on webif.
Just seen this. I'll take a look at removing the direct dependency.

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Philosophically, if a package is dependent on a facility, is it right to not declare that dependency just because it happens to be a dependency of another dependency? I don't think so.

OP
prpr

prpr

Philosophically you are right, but there is no practical way in this case that it makes any difference (which I why I suggested both options).
Certain liberties have been taken in many packages already regarding this.

Anyway, webif 1.5.0-4 and jim 0.81-3 are ready for testing. It's likely that these will get pushed to the main repository fairly quickly now.

I'll take a look at removing the direct dependency.
I've updated the package dependency/version for local testing. I can update the repository if it saves you a job?

martxw

I've updated the package dependency/version for local testing. I can update the repository if it saves you a job?
If you don't mind, thanks. File sharing on and off my Humax is a little rusty at the moment.