Webif keeps asking for username and password

ejstubbs

Just this morning the webif on my HDR has started displaying the annoying habit of continually asking me to log in. If I look away from the browser for even just a few seconds, I have to log in again.

Anyone seen anything like this before?

'Something' must have changed overnight. What browser are you using ? Do you save passwords ? Are you deleting cookies ?

OK, it's started doing it again. I've rebooted the box from the webif, and also tried a full power-down and restart, but it's still doing it :(

EDIT: Seems to be happening only when I have a decrypt running.

Last edited:
A password is set, I haven't changed it recently.

Decrypt seems to be behaving a bit oddly, too. It decrypted the video but left it in a file called <originalfilename>.ts.decrypting. In the past it's put the original .ts file in the Originals folder and renamed the .decrypting one to .ts. Might one of the logs be able to shed any info on that?

EDIT: It's back to asking me to login every few seconds, no decrypt running. This is very dull!

Decrypt seems to be behaving a bit oddly, too. It decrypted the video but left it in a file called <originalfilename>.ts.decrypting. In the past it's put the original .ts file in the Originals folder and renamed the .decrypting one to .ts. Might one of the logs be able to shed any info on that?

EDIT: It's back to asking me to login every few seconds, no decrypt running. This is very dull!

Some of this sounds familiar. I've also had the 'log in' issue, and was unable to trace It's origin. I'm also having issues with webif of what are claimed to be 'dropped connections' or 'server busy' according to the error message. I used telnet menu to clear all users, and I removed various packages which seemed unused and the problems apparently went away, though I haven't carried out comprehensive testing.

Just this morning though, I reinstalled some packages , and now I get connection lost messages, and webif doesn't load. On previous experience I need a hard power off to restart it.

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but I offer the info in case it helps someone with more knowledge than I to pin down any bad stuff happening.

That can happen if something else is using the original file.

Start with chkdsk.

Hmm. AFAIK there shouldn't have been anything else using the file. Looks like the .decrypting file was OK anyway: I've downloaded it and removed the .decrypting suffix and VLC seems to play it OK as a .ts. Which is nice.

I'll need to read up on chkdsk.

Thanks for the guidance, much appreciated.

Webif has been asking me for un/pw much more often than normal for the last week or two as well. Not every half hour though - perhaps every couple of days. Never used to do it so often, and I haven't altered any cookie settings or deleted any cookies.

I wonder if this has something to do with the SSL upgrades in the latest version of the webif.

Personally I have never felt the need for passwords on my home network

Apologies - it is RS that's been behaving this way for me, not webif. Must have had a rush of blood to the brain cell, sorry for the confusion. Still, it's a bit irritating so any solution would be nice.

OK, I ran fixdisk:

Code:
Maintenance mode is initialising... Please wait...                                                               
..e.x..                                                                                                           
Menu version 1.23                                                                                                 
Enter system PIN: ****                                                                                           
Enter system PIN: ****                                                                                           

/---------------------------------------------\                                                             
      |  M A I N T E N A N C E   M O D E   M E N U  |                                                             
      \---------------------------------------------/                                                             

[ Humax HDR-Fox T2 (humax) 1.03.12/3.13 ]                                                                       

fixdisk - Check and repair hard disk.                                                                           
   short - Run short hard-disk self test.                                                                         
    long - Run long hard-disk self test.                                                                         
   check - Check self-test progress.                                                                             
    gptf - Re-format disk using GPT scheme.                                                                       
     epg - Clear persistent EPG data.                                                                             
    dlna - Reset DLNA server database.                                                                           
       x - Leave maintenance mode (Humax will restart).                                                           
    diag - Run a diagnostic.                                                                                     
     cli - System command line (advanced users).                                                                 

Please select option: fixdisk                                                                                     
Any additional options (-h for list or press return for none):                                                   
Are you sure you wish to run the hard disk checker? [Y/N] y                                                       
Running /bin/fix-disk                                                                                             

Checking disk sdb (512 byte sectors)                                                                             

Unmounted /dev/sdb1                                                                                               
Unmounted /dev/sdb2                                                                                               
Unmounted /dev/sdb3                                                                                               

Running short disk self test                                                                                     

No pending sectors found - skipping sector repair                                                                 

Checking partition tables...                                                                                     

MBR Status: MBR only                                                                                             
GPT Status: not present                                                                                           

Using superblock 0 on sdb1                                                                                       
Using superblock 0 on sdb2                                                                                       
Using superblock 0 on sdb3                                                                                       

Sun Mar 17 09:06:18 GMT 2019: Checking partition /dev/sdb3...                                                     
e2fsck 1.42.13 (17-May-2015)                                                                                     
Pass 1: Checking inodes, blocks, and sizes                                                                       
Pass 1: Memory used: 240k/0k (157k/84k), time: 10.00/ 4.00/ 2.54                                                 
Pass 1: I/O read: 165MB, write: 0MB, rate: 16.50MB/s                                                             
Pass 2: Checking directory structure                                                                             
Pass 2: Memory used: 340k/0k (260k/81k), time:  0.01/ 0.00/ 0.01                                                 
Pass 2: I/O read: 1MB, write: 0MB, rate: 81.92MB/s                                                               
Pass 3: Checking directory connectivity                                                                           
Peak memory: Memory used: 340k/0k (260k/81k), time: 10.52/ 4.26/ 2.60                                             
Pass 3A: Memory used: 340k/0k (260k/81k), time:  0.00/ 0.00/ 0.00                                                 
Pass 3A: I/O read: 0MB, write: 0MB, rate: 0.00MB/s                                                               
Pass 3: Memory used: 340k/0k (259k/82k), time:  0.01/ 0.00/ 0.00                                                 
Pass 3: I/O read: 0MB, write: 0MB, rate: 0.00MB/s                                                                 
Pass 4: Checking reference counts                                                                                 
Pass 4: Memory used: 340k/0k (53k/287k), time:  1.21/ 1.19/ 0.00                                                 
Pass 4: I/O read: 0MB, write: 0MB, rate: 0.00MB/s                                                                 
Pass 5: Checking group summary information                                                                       
Pass 5: Memory used: 340k/0k (53k/288k), time:  3.11/ 2.37/ 0.05                                                 
Pass 5: I/O read: 1MB, write: 0MB, rate: 0.32MB/s                                                                 

18 inodes used (0.00%, out of 655776)                                                                   
           1 non-contiguous file (5.6%)                                                                           
           0 non-contiguous directories (0.0%)                                                                   
             # of inodes with ind/dind/tind blocks: 3/2/0                                                         
      409024 blocks used (15.60%, out of 2622611)                                                                 
           0 bad blocks                                                                                           
           1 large file                                                                                           

7 regular files                                                                                       
           2 directories                                                                                         
           0 character device files                                                                               
           0 block device files
           0 fifos                                                                                               
           0 links                                                                                               
           0 symbolic links (0 fast symbolic links)                                                               
           0 sockets                                                                                             
------------                                                                                                     
           9 files                                                                                               
Memory used: 340k/0k (53k/288k), time: 14.90/ 7.82/ 2.65                                                         
I/O read: 166MB, write: 1MB, rate: 11.14MB/s                                                                     
Sun Mar 17 09:06:33 GMT 2019                                                                                     

Sun Mar 17 09:06:33 GMT 2019: Checking partition /dev/sdb1...                                                     
Pass 1: Memory used: 140k/0k (62k/79k), time:  0.81/ 0.25/ 0.41                                                 
Pass 1: I/O read: 17MB, write: 0MB, rate: 21.09MB/s                                                               
Pass 2: Memory used: 140k/0k (72k/69k), time:  0.02/ 0.00/ 0.00                                                   
Pass 2: I/O read: 1MB, write: 0MB, rate: 64.72MB/s                                                               
Peak memory: Memory used: 140k/0k (72k/69k), time:  0.96/ 0.28/ 0.42                                             
Pass 3A: Memory used: 140k/0k (72k/69k), time:  0.00/ 0.00/ 0.00                                                 
Pass 3: Memory used: 140k/0k (71k/70k), time:  0.01/ 0.00/ 0.00                                                   
Pass 3: I/O read: 0MB, write: 0MB, rate: 0.00MB/s                                                                 
Pass 4: Memory used: 140k/0k (50k/91k), time:  0.11/ 0.11/ 0.00                                                   
Pass 5: Memory used: 140k/0k (50k/91k), time:  0.36/ 0.27/ 0.00                                                 
Pass 5: I/O read: 1MB, write: 0MB, rate: 2.78MB/s                                                                 

14 inodes used (0.02%, out of 65808)                                                                   
           1 non-contiguous file (7.1%)                                                                           
           0 non-contiguous directories (0.0%)                                                                   
             # of inodes with ind/dind/tind blocks: 2/2/0                                                         
       15856 blocks used (6.03%, out of 263064)                                                                   
           0 bad blocks                                                                                           
           1 large file                                                                                           

2 regular files                                                                                       
           3 directories                                                                                         
           0 character device files                                                                               
           0 block device files                                                                                   
           0 fifos                                                                                               
           0 links                                                                                               
           0 symbolic links (0 fast symbolic links)
           0 sockets                                                                                             
------------                                                                                                     
           5 files                                                                                               
Memory used: 140k/0k (50k/91k), time:  1.45/ 0.66/ 0.43                                                           
I/O read: 17MB, write: 1MB, rate: 11.73MB/s                                                                       
Sun Mar 17 09:06:35 GMT 2019                                                                                     

Creating swap file...                                                                                             
Setting up swapspace version 1, size = 1073737728 bytes                                                           
UUID=90396f94-096b-4f47-9039-ada960e4b8d7                                                                         

Sun Mar 17 09:06:58 GMT 2019: Checking partition /dev/sdb2...                                                     
Pass 1: Memory used: 812k/4672k (371k/442k), time: 1741.95/996.27/86.57                                         
Pass 1: I/O read: 7643MB, write: 0MB, rate: 4.39MB/s                                                             
Pass 2: Memory used: 812k/9344k (356k/457k), time:  2.57/ 0.66/ 0.14                                             
Pass 2: I/O read: 6MB, write: 0MB, rate: 2.34MB/s                                                                 
Peak memory: Memory used: 812k/9344k (356k/457k), time: 1762.98/1014.78/86.75                                     
Pass 3A: Memory used: 812k/9344k (369k/444k), time:  0.00/ 0.00/ 0.00                                           
Pass 3: Memory used: 812k/9344k (351k/462k), time:  0.06/ 0.03/ 0.00                                             
Pass 3: I/O read: 1MB, write: 0MB, rate: 16.91MB/s                                                               
Pass 4: Memory used: 812k/0k (305k/508k), time: 46.32/45.69/ 0.04                                               
Pass 5: Memory used: 812k/0k (291k/522k), time: 121.74/90.85/ 1.16                                               
Pass 5: I/O read: 29MB, write: 0MB, rate: 0.24MB/s                                                               

9000 inodes used (0.03%, out of 29860704)                                                                 
         560 non-contiguous files (6.2%)                                                                         
          14 non-contiguous directories (0.2%)                                                                   
             # of inodes with ind/dind/tind blocks: 689/351/3                                                     
    92510956 blocks used (77.60%, out of 119209984)                                                               
           0 bad blocks                                                                                           
          32 large files                                                                                         

7250 regular files                                                                                       
         398 directories                                                                                         
           0 character device files                                                                               
           0 block device files                                                                                   
           0 fifos                                                                                               
           0 links                                                                                               
        1343 symbolic links (1343 fast symbolic links)                                                           
           0 sockets                                                                                             
------------                                                                                                     
        8991 files                                                                                               
Memory used: 812k/0k (291k/522k), time: 1931.24/1151.35/87.97                                                     
I/O read: 7678MB, write: 1MB, rate: 3.98MB/s                                                                     
Sun Mar 17 09:39:10 GMT 2019                                                                                     
Removing extra swap space.                                                                                       

Finished                                                                                                         
fix-disk: session terminated with exit status 0                                                                   

Press return to continue:

Not sure what this is telling me, if anything. Would it throw an error of some kind if there was something awry?

Looks OK then. Either your CF installation has gone faulty (which is one-off to you), or some package update has broken things (which would be common to users with passwords set).

Back