Webif Password

Umpa

I used to have to put a password in to the webif to use it, now despite having users in the settings the webif lets any one in. Anyone else found this ?

Web interface version: 1.4.4-1
Custom firmware version: 3.13 (build 4028)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.13)
Loader Version: a7.30

Dude, people don't live on here like Twitter or Facebook addicts. Someone who has the answers may only check-in once a day, or less, so give it more than a couple of hours before panicking :)

Dude, people don't live on here like Twitter or Facebook addicts. Someone who has the answers may only check-in once a day, or less, so give it more than a couple of hours before panicking :)
Yes - but 31 people had a look. Just figured that 1 might have tried it....

What about you - have you had a look ? after all you did take the time to reply.

Remind me: how do I force an update on the webif and I’ll test it.
I have never done it, but it seems you go to the diagnostics page, and at the top you put the package name in the text box and hit force-reinstall.
I think the package is simply called webif.
I will have a go myself too.

I dont even know how I got on 1.4.4-1. I must have had auto update packages on and subbed to beta. I will try and force the old one back on.

And I’ve just done what you suggested - force reinstall of webif thro’ Diagnostics - and I’m still on 1.4.3-3

I cant remove 1.4.4-1 either. I figured everyone was on it. I guess I have to wait for 1.4.4-2

Thanks for trying.

You must have signed up for the beta test programme. If this is a fault with a beta version, you should raise it in the beta packages sub-section.

Yes - but 31 people had a look. Just figured that 1 might have tried it....
Yes, but most, like me, were probably having a quick browse with a morning cuppa. I would guess that most of them don't have users in their webif, and if any did it probably wasn't convenient to start a box up and spend time rooting around (cos we all know how long these 'quick' looks actually take).

What about you - have you had a look ? after all you did take the time to reply.
I never have to put a password into webif, I guess I didn't turn that function on, so I couldn't see any way to help with your actual problem. I took the time to suggest patience rather than perhaps diving in to try and fix it which might make it worse.

You must have signed up for the beta test programme.
My memory is not good these days, is it something I did from the webif, and if so can I undo this ?
To stop future beta packages and beta webif being offered to you, or depending on your preferences automatically installed, you should uninstall the opkg-beta package . You will need to have the advance packages displayed when you do this.

1539524377877.png

Attachments

• 1539523920234.png
    1539523920234.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 3
I cant remove 1.4.4-1 either. I figured everyone was on it. I guess I have to wait for 1.4.4-2

Thanks for trying.
1.4.4-1 has just come out of beta and is now the current version - changes were related to the queue interface

I think its sorted its self out. The box froze up so I turned it off and on - and now it askes for a password like it should.

Back