WebIF Prog BackupUtility

alanasretired

Could I ask who writes the extra Available Packages for the WebIf is it AF123 or do other people drop them in.

I have a query about the "Prog backup Utility" one, the Notes say
"Prog BackupUtility for backing up recordings and sidecar files to locally attached drives, A search of attatched drives will be made so that the user can choose. Both Hi-Def and Standard definition recordings will be de-crypted so they can be played on a P.C. or copied back to a different Humax. Command line examples Below :-
progbackup Backup everthing under My Video
progbackup "/mnt/hd2/My Video/BOB's Films/" Backup files in a specified folder
NOTE:- Make sure to use the quotation marks around the directory name."
Unquote

Not sure How to access this, is the "Command line example" above typed in windows cmd or telnet or Filezilla ? Can anyone give me more Instructions,
I thought it was something you set up via a laptop once, and then it would then run on the T2 automatically, backing up recordings to an external USB Hard drive each day ?

Have I mis read whats it's intended to do. Thanks for any help
Alan

Yes, the "command line" is like opening a command window in Windows and typing raw DOS commands - but in this case it's Linux (and the add-on command set). To access it you need to hook up from a PC (or the like) and start Telnet or PuTTY - there are instructions in Black Hole's Trail Guide (see NEW READERS START HERE).

Or for a quicker answer look HERE

Sorry Ezra but that link only takes me back to the Page I had cut and pasted the quote from in my Post above :hug:

I know how to telnet into the T2 but if I just type "progbackup" will it then ask me which external drive etc or as it says above, will it then start to backup everything in MY Media immediately. in other words what control have I over what it does and when.

Quote "A search of attatched drives will be made"
Unquote
To me this indicates a two way comunication.
Or would it be better to create a Directory with only 1 recording in to test the second example "progbackup "/mnt/hd2/My Video/BOB's Films/" Backup files in a specified folder
I just thought a fuller explanation from the writer or users of this add on, of what happens would save me perhaps locking the T2 up

I couldn't find a reference to progbackup instructions in Black Holes New Readers start here, some of us must seem so dim, but wording a question so that its understood is not easy.

O.K. command line uses Telnet (which you are familiar with). The notes in the WiKi were entered by me BUT, I have not used this package, I tend to do most of the documentation on the WiKi which leaves the clever people to write the code. In this case the 'Clever Person' is Sam Widges and the notes came from this link HERE

O.K. command line uses Telnet (which you are familiar with). The notes in the WiKi were entered by me BUT, I have not used this package, I tend to do most of the documentation on the WiKi which leaves the clever people to write the code. In this case the 'Clever Person' is Sam Widges and the notes came from this link HERE

Hi Ezra Thanks for this info, the Link to Sam Widges notes is what I'm after lots of info there, I suppose if I had taken the trouble to do a search of the HD/HDR-T2 Custom Firmware thread I might have spotted it, I do try to look for links

Thanks again

Hi Black Hole
I was explaining about Telnet, not Backup. Actually, that had slipped past me somehow!
Unquote
Yes thanks for your reply though, refresher on telnet appreciated.

Back