[webif] Web Interface / Qtube / youtube-dl / Sweeper

Could someone kindly confirm a finding discovered today

Having installed youtube-dl and qtube, several longish videos have been downloaded and they are easier to watch on a large TV rather than huddling over a laptop screen

As the downloaded files cannot be directed to a sub-folder when queued, they end up at the root level, so I thought a sweeper rule would be an ideal time saver, having configured a rule to catch a selection of text in the title, I tried the test config function, no match

So, could someone else please check to see if a file downloaded with the ,mp4 extension is processed by the queue service to sweep to a sub-folder or are only recordings with a .ts extension processed

Seems a little odd that .mp4 files can now be conveniently downloaded, but not swept away conveniently

So, could someone else please check to see if a file downloaded with the ,mp4 extension is processed by the queue service to sweep to a sub-folder or are only recordings with a .ts extension processed
That is correct.

Seems a little odd that .mp4 files can now be conveniently downloaded, but not swept away conveniently
sweeper was designed for handling recordings. I refer you to your own post re filing downloads:
Just added this to my second Humax Fox-T2 (it has more available space)

Problem, all downloads are placed at 'My Video' root level, so

Tried this [ -o "/media/My Video/YouTube/%(title)s.%(ext)s" ] in the process options box, everything is now downloaded to a folder named YouTube, don't worry, if folder YouTube is not present on first run, it will be created

To make a regular option, add it to the /mod/etc/youtube-dl.conf file, right clicking this link opens in a new window the file ready to be amended, don't forget to add a new line after the last line

Great when processing a playlist which contain many files

Thank you Black Hole, for pointing out an issue of qtube not downloading a file to a sub-folder when queued, unfortunately was unable to repeat consistently

But this current issue is, sweeper cannot see none .ts files so cannot sweep them to new locations

If qtube / youtube-dl was able to direct to a sub-folder, using sweeper would be mute

After all, an .mp4 is still a recording, it just wasn't recorded on a Humax

After all, an .mp4 is still a recording, it just wasn't recorded on a Humax
You are being obtuse. Obviously I meant .ts files as recorded natively.

If you want to ask for additions to sweeper to accommodate rules for non-native media files, the sweeper thread is the place to put your case. Its merits will be discussed, but the author will be the final arbiter.

unfortunately was unable to repeat consistently
Discussion subsequent to your qtube post indicates a problem which (hopefully) will get fixed. The place to press for a fix is the qtube thread.

The latest version of youtube-dl, which moves some customisation from a script to the configuration file, should mean that general -o options work as expected in the qtube options field.

YT-DL is a relative latecomer to the CF repo especially compared with sweeper. So the latter refers to "files" when it means recordings.

The HD/R uses a transport stream container for recordings so that it can play back recordings while they are being made.

It is possible to remultiplex a downloaded MP4 to M2TS so that it can behave like a native recording, but the resulting file can confuse the Humax software (to the extent of not actually being playable) and utilities like sidecar, and probably sweeper too.

All your efforts are truly amazing, such an old telly box is still functional with all this coding / programming jiggery-pokery, brilliant

We're not worthy

If you want to ask for additions to sweeper to accommodate rules for non-native media files, the sweeper thread is the place to put your case. Its merits will be discussed, but the author will be the final arbiter
Thank you for the heads up, tried searching for sweeper, got lots of results, but, no topic named sweeper

I'd be more than willing to submit such a suggestion, but where do I submit, is there a specific forum thread for each package, as I'd like to submit a request for a few packages that I've started using due to you awesome peeps pushing in to the coding corner, (oh that's another folder full of recordings nicely swept away and filed)

Thank you for the heads up, tried searching for sweeper, got lots of results, but, no topic named sweeper

I'd be more than willing to submit such a suggestion, but where do I submit, is there a specific forum thread for each package, as I'd like to submit a request for a few packages that I've started using due to you awesome peeps pushing in to the coding corner, (oh that's another folder full of recordings nicely swept away and filed)
See https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/index-of-package-primary-topics.8005/ one of the pinned threads at the top of the page

Back