webif_autodecrypt folder - can I delete it?

Everything in Deleted Items has already been logically deleted and can be safely deleted but don't do it while recording - the act of physically deleting large folders can cause problems with recordings.

You could also look at the Undelete settings on settings page and reduce the time before items are removed from the bin
I use
1591041370588.png

I have a folder in Deleted Items called webif_autodecrypt. It's very big. Can I just delete it? Thanks
This is being created because you have a setting that requests all recordings that are going to be auto decrypted, or shrunk, to be backed up.
If you don't trust auto decrypt and shrink then leave it as it is. But if you don't trust auto decrypt and shrink then may I ask why you are using them?
Here is my setting
1591046488954.png

This is being created because you have a setting that requests all recordings that are going to be auto decrypted, or shrunk, to be backed up.
If you don't trust auto decrypt and shrink then leave it as it is. But if you don't trust auto decrypt and shrink then may I ask why you are using them?
Here is my setting
View attachment 4683
I recommend that backups be created normally, not because I distrust decrypt and shrink, but to avoid having file deletions occurring during recording
If you are doing a large batch of decryptions turn backups off to avoid filling up the disk but for normal day to day auto decryption leave it on

I recommend that backups be created normally, not because I distrust decrypt and shrink, but to avoid having file deletions occurring during recording
If you are doing a large batch of decryptions turn backups off to avoid filling up the disk but for normal day to day auto decryption leave it on
Yep I too find having other functions active while recordings are taking place a concern and that also concerns the decryption and shrinking themselves. The auto functions can be limited to when a recordings are not taking place via the Auto-processing settings.

Isn't "Create backup files in dustbin ..." a rather strange formulation?

How about "Use dustbin when deleting original files ..."?

Back