What happened to Humax?

peterh337

Maybe this has been much discussed...

Why didn't Humax bring out a successor to their successful products of years ago?

So much could have been done to improve performance, as well as the already very good functionality. I have been trying to play back videos from a Synology network drive and find that anything over 20mbits/sec doesn't work (HD, not 4K). This is over an ethernet connection, too. Playing back stills is more or less useless especially as it won't load the next image in the background; I spoke to Humax about this years ago and they said one day they will mod the software, but they never did.

Why didn't Humax bring out a successor to their successful products of years ago?
Maybe they didn't/don't see a big future in PVRs and have all but abandoned development.
Streaming, catch-up and smart TVs are probably the future in the minds of the great unwashed. Even though the experience can be horrible (SD and being forced to watch adverts), not having to buy and operate an extra box will be the deal-maker for many I think.

Did the Humax sources ever escape into the wild?
The custom firmware basically ran alongside the existing stuff, with some add-ons.

Maybe they had a shufty at the HDR FoxT2/ CF forums and it put a lot of punters off! ;)

I remember in the early days of the HDR FoxT2, our local dealer stopped selling them as they had too many returned as difficult to operate.

Well, that is an obnoxious thing to say, given my cancer problems. Plus, a serious car crash a few years ago wrote off my car and almost killed both of us and our two dogs, so let me wish prpr and trev what they wish on others.

Back