What To Do with a Dead or Unwanted HDR-FOX, HD-FOX, or DTR-T1000/1010

Is that your experience only, or confirmed generally? Is that permanent until a hard reset?
It's certainly my experience - perhaps I should have said "the V2 here". It's permanent until a hard reboot/power cycle AFAIAA but I'll try to remember to have a play later today.

[Edit] Knew I'd posted about this before so did a search. Given long enough it'll lock up.

Last edited:
That's the V1 then. No problem, I'll still have it if you're prepared to send it (and nobody else wants it).

Hi All,
I've decided to make the jump to an Aura after my last HDR-Fox T2 died. It's on a permanent reboot cycle, despite me trying the fixes posted by Black Hole.
Anyway, the deed is done, I now have my Aura installed and working, but I now have two non working boxes WITHOUT hard drives that are available free to anyone who wants to collect from Reading or pay for the postage.
I would also like to say a big thank you to all the active members on the forum. I have been using the custom firmware for many years and it transformed the box into undoubtedly the most advanced PVR on the market. Although the Aura will meet our family's needs, there are still features in the firmware that I'm going to miss and aren't available elsewhere.
Anyway, I hope someone can get some kind of use out of my old boxes.

I think I've got enough hulks at the moment, but I wouldn't want to see yours go to the tip.

I've decided to make the jump to an Aura after my last HDR-Fox T2 died. It's on a permanent reboot cycle, despite me trying the fixes posted by Black Hole.
I think going to the Aura is a good call. I am waiting to see how well the next software version (due in mid-April) works before taking the jump. The HDR-FOX T2 has been the best Freeview box Humax have produced prior to the release of the Aura but judging by the amount of development effort Humax are putting into the Aura (which was sadly lacking on the FVP-4000T/5000T), I think they are aiming to make this the best box on the market.

OK, final call before they go to the tip. In the interests of saving landfill, if anyone is interested, I'll pay the postage.

I'll definitely take them, they've just become even more useful as a source of salvaged components! PM me.

My HDR-FOX T2 has just died. The PSU is fine so it looks like the main board has gone (it never came back up again after a power cut). I have extracted the hard disk (more of that on another thread) so does anyone want wants left. I live near Cheltenham.

Sorry, I'm piled high. Thanks for the offer.

How do you know the PSU is OK?
I powered up the PSU, with the main board attached, and the correct voltages were present on the connector from the PSU to the main board (12V and 5.8V). I assume the main board is the problem since no lights come on the no HDMI output.

My HDR-FOX T2 has just died. The PSU is fine so it looks like the main board has gone (it never came back up again after a power cut).
Why do you suspect the the main board being faulty and not the front panel?

I ask because BH posted the following earlier this year.

The unit won't power up if the front panel is buggered (or disconnected).

Why do you suspect the the main board being faulty and not the front panel?

I ask because BH posted the following earlier this year.

How can I test whether it is the front panel rather than the main board? I only have a multimeter although I may be able to get my hands on a low speed oscilloscope.

I had the same problem earlier in the year and having bought a working replacemet box decided it wasn't worth risking damaging the new unit just to prove whether or not it was the main board or front panel that was faulty in the old box - either way you have a dead box.

Back