What To Do with a Dead or Unwanted HDR-FOX, HD-FOX, or DTR-T1000/1010

I have three HDR FOX-T2s with the horizontal tuners. The hard drives are of varying age and condition but I have been able to do a fresh install of the custom software on all three, all the tuners appear to be working. Free to a good home, appreciate a contribution for p&p. Collection by arrangement from Peterborough.
I would appreciate one, mine currently struggles when I turn it on for about 15 minutes before it tunes in a signal. Would say £10 be sufficient for P&P? (I can pay easist by bank transfer)

Our two HDR-FOX haven't been used in many months as we are 'surviving' on an Aura and a (soon to be upgraded) freesat box. So I think it's time to move them on.
Unfortunately SWMBO is a hoarder and I can't prise hers out of her grasp yet *, but mine is available for the cost of carriage.

It's a 500GB unit with the original disc, but it, and it's remote, were in good working order when last used for recording/watching. I've only been able to look at it today using network+webif. I'll do a format/reset/RMA before dispatch if wanted, but equally happy to leave the (probably a bit outdated) webif on it if desired.
This is the SMART data from today:
FOX-B SMART data.png

If anyone is interested let me know.

( * SWMBO's is a 2TB but has seen a lot more use, so mine is probably the 'better' box of the two.)

Our two HDR-FOX haven't been used in many months as we are 'surviving' on an Aura and a (soon to be upgraded) freesat box. So I think it's time to move them on.
Unfortunately SWMBO is a hoarder and I can't prise hers out of her grasp yet *, but mine is available for the cost of carriage.

Mine still flaky, so I'd like to take you up on the offer. I can pay carriage by bank transfer or could try the suggestion above for a Royal Mail label (I've never tried that before though)

Thanks

Mine still flaky, so I'd like to take you up on the offer. I can pay carriage by bank transfer or could try the suggestion above for a Royal Mail label (I've never tried that before though)

Thanks
OK. Give me a day or two (weekend coming anyway) and I'll try and hook it to the TV and check it for normal functions and also sort out carriage cost and some packing - I usually use Evri (ex-Hermes). Bank transfer is fine.
Do you want it blitzed to factory? I just remembered I did the "Remove the display filter and use custom firmware redring (?) to dim the display and prolong life" thing, so ...

It's a 500GB unit with the original disc, but it, and it's remote, were in good working order when last used for recording/watching. I've only been able to look at it today using network+webif. I'll do a format/reset/RMA before dispatch if wanted, but equally happy to leave the (probably a bit outdated) webif on it if desired.
This is the SMART data from today:
View attachment 6490

If anyone is interested let me know.

( * SWMBO's is a 2TB but has seen a lot more use, so mine is probably the 'better' box of the two.)
As a matter of interest, how are you getting on with the Aura? My Fox T2 still has its annoying little glitches so I've been thinking about an Aura for a while.

OK. Give me a day or two (weekend coming anyway) and I'll try and hook it to the TV and check it for normal functions and also sort out carriage cost and some packing - I usually use Evri (ex-Hermes). Bank transfer is fine.
Do you want it blitzed to factory? I just remembered I did the "Remove the display filter and use custom firmware redring (?) to dim the display and prolong life" thing, so ...
As is would be fine

PM me your bank details once you are ready, I'll send my address

As a matter of interest, how are you getting on with the Aura?
My experience is that the Aura is usable but has more glitches than the HDR-FOX T2 but there are advantages such as newer hardware, 3 tuners, full set of players, impeccable sub-title handling.

As a matter of interest, how are you getting on with the Aura? My Fox T2 still has its annoying little glitches so I've been thinking about an Aura for a while.
It's the wife's box, so I don't watch it much, just set up all the recordings.
The only significant annoyance is not being able to create folders to separate recordings, but that seems to be a feature of most new boxes.
Some of the operations are a bit odd, such as setting recordings from the guide where you can easily end up playing a catch-up instead.

Hi. The front panel of My HDR-FOX T2 is completely dead when it's switched on at the mains/rear, so I can't make it move out of standby either by the front button or the remote. After trying all the obvious things, I took the lid off and there's no obvious problems visible inside, including with the capacitors. I can hear the hard disk power up, so that appears to be working at least physically. I tried disconnecting the data and power cables to the hard disk (as per advice elsewhere on here) but that made no difference. I'm happy to try and fix it if anyone has any suggestions. Alternatively, I'd be happy to donate it for parts - it's been sat in a rack since new and is otherwise in mint condition.

I have used a front panel from a DTR-T1010 on an HDR Fox T2 but it wasn't a straight swap. The front usb was wired differently at the plug end, the data lines & also +5v & ground were swapped round. Dont just plug it in or it might hurt something. The board was marked DTR T-1010 New CPU B /D Rev 1.0. Part number 01004-00594. Also getting the plug in the main board is tight. Not only that but i swapped the top cover because it didnt fit well with the new front panel. But i have another working HDR Fox T2. The Display board is marked hdr-7510t.

Attachments

• DTR_1010 to HDR Fox T2.jpg
    DTR_1010 to HDR Fox T2.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back