What's happened to bookmarking?

Charles Harris

I've had two previous Humax PVRs and they both had the facility to add bookmarks to recordings so you can find a favourite scene.

This was a very useful feature. For example, my wife and I would use it to mark something in a programme that we wanted the other to see.

I can't see this facility in our latest FVP-4000T. Does it still exist? I can't believe they've removed such a simple and useful feature. Has anyone else missed it? Or is it there somewhere?

MontysEvilTwin

But you can download them to PC, edit them, use Raydon's AV2HDR-T2 and re-upload to Humax - if you're that way inclined.
To an extent. You only get the video track and the main audio track; no audiodescription or subtitles. Also, AV2HDR-T2 can't cope with latm-AAC audio, so it won't work with anything carried on a DVB-T2 transmitter, unless you transcode the audio (e.g. to AC3) first.

EEPhil

Number 28
To an extent. You only get the video track and the main audio track; no audiodescription or subtitles. Also, AV2HDR-T2 can't cope with latm-AAC audio, so it won't work with anything carried on a DVB-T2 transmitter, unless you transcode the audio (e.g. to AC3) first.
Quite true. In fact, that is a bit of a pain on a 2000T. You can top and tail and remove ads and make do with single audio, no subtitles in mp4 or mkv containers - but I get the point. I have no idea whether the editing functions are available for T2 multiplexes on the HDR-FOX-T2. My experience for on-box editing was (and occasionally still is) with a 9150T which, of course, doesn't recognise the T2 multiplexes. I rarely bother with AV2HDR-T2 myself, I just put mpg or mkv files back on the 2000T and play them. Obviously without AD or subtitles.

Last edited: