Wifi remote option

Jonno

With all the great work that has been done with the modified firmware has an option to use a smartphone to play /pause/Ffwd been considered?
I use an rf modulator to transmit signal to other tvs in the house and it would be great if I could pause programs without going to the HDR fox T2 box so I could resume play at another time
Fast forwarding of adverts would also be a bonus

It could also be great fun controlling what the kids watch when they think they have the remote !

Just about to install the latest modified firmware as my version is 3 months old. Looking forward to some of the great new features like being able to backup timer settings etc

Keep up the good work it is much appreciated.

Cheers

Jonno

As far as I know, we have no way in to the official command and control system - therefore cannot send stimulii into the works, nor receive feedback from it. All we can do is observe and interfere with the file system and the database.

However, I had a setup very similar to yours with my analogue VCRs/PVRs, and to get an RC back-channel I used video senders. These use RF to take analogue video from the sender to the receiver (which you can ignore), but also take IR commands from the receiver back to the sender and then re-emit it to the equipment. I have found you can use multiple receivers with one sender, and thus have IR control points throughout the house.

Sky boxes have a mechanism to take an IR back-channel through the aerial coax - which sounds great but I don't know how to leverage it in practice (in a non-Sky set-up).

What I'm on the lookout for is a cheap way to modulate video onto a DVB carrier!

I think it will be possible as the Portal sets up "listeners" to buttons on the remote, but its not top of my list to investigate at the moment.

As far as I know, we have no way in to the official command and control system - therefore cannot send stimulii into the works, nor receive feedback from it. All we can do is observe and interfere with the file system and the database.

However, I had a setup very similar to yours with my analogue VCRs/PVRs, and to get an RC back-channel I used video senders. These use RF to take analogue video from the sender to the receiver (which you can ignore), but also take IR commands from the receiver back to the sender and then re-emit it to the equipment. I have found you can use multiple receivers with one sender, and thus have IR control points throughout the house.

Sky boxes have a mechanism to take an IR back-channel through the aerial coax - which sounds great but I don't know how to leverage it in practice (in a non-Sky set-up).

What I'm on the lookout for is a cheap way to modulate video onto a DVB carrier!
Thanks black hole for the response. I had considered ir senders but due to long cable lengths and analogue boosters scrambling IR data I had resisted that idea in the past.
Chris Daniels comment sound more hopeful.
I realise I am in the minority and my wishes will be superceeded by technology when everything is network connected but I am sure that won't happen in the life of our Fox T2s

I use a Slingbox. This was originally used to allow watching my Humax 9200 on a PC or laptop but the Server capability of the HDRFOXT2 removes the need for it, and I very rarely use it over the internet. It does however provide a virtual remote control so I still have it attached and have complete control of the HDR. In particuar I can power it on remotely. Old Slingboxes (not Pro or Solo) can probably be obtained fairly cheaply.

Back