WiFi Unreliable When Booting Into Maintenance Mode

Okay, so here's my s99logcap:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

BHTMP=$(mktemp -dp /mod/tmp "$(date +"%m%d%H%M").XXX")
for f in /mod/tmp/prev/* ; do
  [ -f "$f" ] && mv "/mod/tmp/prev/$f" "$BHTMP/"
done
...but although it creates temp folders, they're empty and the files are still in /mod/tmp/prev.

Okay, so here's my s99logcap:
...but although it creates temp folders, they're empty and the files are still in /mod/tmp/prev.
s@"/mod/tmp/prev/$f"@"$f"@ ?

Why is that a do loop and not a simple one-off wild-card move command?

To avoid trying to copy anything that isn't a "regular" file, such as subdirectories?

Why is that a do loop and not a simple one-off wild-card move command?
Because if there if nothing there it gives you an error (which is bad style). And -f doesn't support more than one name.
Oops.
To avoid trying to copy anything that isn't a "regular" file, such as subdirectories?
Maybe -e would have been better, but it hardly matters in this context as there aren't likely to be any.

I get you. I should have been able to work that out, but tend to go a bit symbol-blind!

So, if anyone wants it, create /mod/etc/init.d/s99logcap (and make executable) to preserve the logs into a separate folder per run, at normal boot. The logs are those captured into /mod/tmp/prev during a Maintenance Mode run by the script in post 35. The purpose is to debug connection to a WiFi network during a MM boot.
Code:
#!/bin/sh

BHTMP=$(mktemp -dp /mod/tmp "$(date +"%m%d%H%M").XXXXXX")
for f in /mod/tmp/prev/* ; do
  [ -f "$f" ] && mv "$f" "$BHTMP/"
done

I don't know why I have coreutils installed, but clearly some people might not and therefore the instance of mktemp they run will come from busybox, hence the 6 X's (but I've not tested it with the busybox version).

Last edited:
I haven't had a single connection failure since making the modifications. What's the best way for me to ensure a clean slate to test the wireless-helper beta?

Back