WIP: Dealing with large files for qtube & youtube-dl

Post is deleted - it was a request for the mod to split the discussion onto it's own thread.
It started with
Dear Mod please may I have
post #209 to #249 (or the end if suitable) of

Last edited:
Dear Mod please may I have
post #209 to #249 (or the end if suitable) of
appended to this thread, following this post.
Unfortunately, the forum software doesn't allow old posts to be added after a new post, they are done in chronological order.
(WIP not finished)
Oh man, like the footie, this has gone a bit pear shaped...
So the old#209 is now the new #1, so we'll need to subtract 208 (rather than subtract 207) from the old post # to get the new post #. I'll update this and attach it to post#1 tomorrow.
Actually, the old #209 became the old #208 before the merge, as there was an earlier post marked as deleted, so that was deleted first.

Unfortunately, the forum software doesn't allow old posts to be added after a new post, they are done in chronological order.

Actually, the old #209 became the old #208 before the merge, as there was an earlier post marked as deleted, so that was deleted first.
Thank you for help and quick action, much appreciated. I'll try to tidy it up a little.

old #243 (new #35) delete?
Post 35 edited.

old #247 (new #39) contents should refer to new #28 instead of old #236
Action by mods or @MymsMan required: replace "Did you read #236 ?" with "Did you read #236 #28 ?"

Nothing unfortunate about it, just the way it is. Posts are sorted in threads by ID number (see URL of each post, anchored to the "#num" top right of each post), which is assigned chronologically. For example: this is post ID 174608, and that ID doesn't change even if the post gets moved. At least bottletop ended up owning post 1 and can patch it to his liking, which would have been a bit awkward otherwise (been there, done that)!

Last edited:
Back