Wireless Problem.

Trajet

I did a search through the forum but I think this is a new problem.

My HD is connected to my network with a wireless dongle that has been functioning perfectly. Last week I noticed that when watching HD programs recorded on my HDR that there was some pausing of the picture and sound.

When I checked the wireless speed whilst the HD was tuned to Freeview channels is reported as 54 Mbps. When I start watching recordings from the HDR the connection speed drops to 11 Mbps or 5.5 Mbps. SD programs are watchable but HD recordings are not.

My router is a Netgear DGND3300 and maybe the cause of the problems.

All suggestions welcome.

Has Hi-Def ever streamed from your HDR-Fox T2 to your HD-Fox T2 without 'pausing' ? If it has never worked, this could be an MTU problem details HERE

Possibly somebody nearby has set up a new WiFi network and competing with your bandwidth. A PC utility called "inSSIDer" can scan the channels and give you a graphical display of the local clutter.

I traced the problem to my router. It was set to up to 54 Mbps instead of up to 300Mbps. So I am now get a getting a reading of 135Mbps at the HD.

A PC utility called "inSSIDer" can scan the channels and give you a graphical display of the local clutter.

Hey, thats a great little program. Also available for Android and the fruity fone these days. Somewhere in the sticky stuff (probably in the 'things every ... owner should know' section) should be a pointer to it as a debug tool.

Back