Worrying behaviour

andyq

custom firmware 2.32_3.03
a few days ago the box locked, i had to pull the plug to reset it. this morning a recording wouldn't quick jump forward and the time line was stuck in one place. tried some other recordings and they wouldn't play(blank screen). switched the box off and on again and all was well. only recently upgraded the firmware so could it be that or is something else going off?
on another subject is this box the last of the breed where recordings can be downloaded to a PC? is it possible to get hold of a new HDR fox T2? is there someone who can repair them?

a few days ago the box locked, i had to pull the plug to reset it. this morning a recording wouldn't quick jump forward and the time line was stuck in one place. tried some other recordings and they wouldn't play(blank screen). switched the box off and on again and all was well. only recently upgraded the firmware so could it be that or is something else going off?
That sounds to me like a well known but not very common problem (perhaps the box gets confused about its encryption keys); we see it about once a year and has done so since it was new. Turning it off and back on is the fix and I don't think it indicates any impending problem.
on another subject is this box the last of the breed where recordings can be downloaded to a PC? is it possible to get hold of a new HDR fox T2?
The more modern HDR-2000T and FVP-4000T both allow SD recordings to be downloaded. Foxy can be used on the HDR-2000T to allow HD recordings to be decrypted but there is no custom firmware for either box.

Back