Worrying Symptoms - Blackouts, Loss of Sound...

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
...don't know whether it's the HDR-FOX or the TV.

Several times this evening, and on multiple services, I have had a few seconds of black screen and no sound, or video continuing with no sound - and when I skip back in the TSR buffer the transmission was fine.

I have a similar problem this morning.

When I press a remote button, there is a 10 to 15 second delay, with black screen and no sound.

I have a radio station as my default, so that is playing until I hit play on a programme.
Then the music stops, the MHEG display disappears, but the programme listing remains, until finally the programme plays.

Pressing "Stop" elicits another delay, black screen and no sound, until the radio station finally comes back.

I powered down completely for 5 minutes using the switch at the back.

I checked the cables.

If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful.

My problem still persists.

I use a universal remote and all other functions are fine.

The delays are repeatable using the original Humax remote.

The delays seem limited to just playback of programmes.
EPG etc. function fine.

Ah, except the powering down took a very long time using the remote power button.

Do you use the edit functions? I find that a random appearance of thousands (sometimes hundreds of thousands) of zero length files
in the edit tree will slow everything down to a crawl. Fortunately it doesn't happen very often anymore.
e2fsck may also be your friend.

I have a new 2TB HDD, few months old only, and recently, I have been seeing something like this both on playback. Whenever the apparent source changes, ie from programme to adverts, or vice-versa, I get the blank screen for a few seconds, as though it is having to resynchronise something. The disk diagnostics screen shows no problems.

Back