Wrong smilies appearing

EEPhil

Number 28
I just tried to insert a thumbs up smilie from the drop down menu just above where I'm typing. The menu shows 3939 but the inserted image is ๐Ÿ‘. Is this an error or a feature? (I haven't checked to see if there are any more mis-matched smilies) :)

Have you tried clearing your browser cache? Smilies are implemented as a single large image as far as I know and that will have changed with the upgrade.

Mine were wrong too. I cleared the cache and now I'm missing about 50% of all images.
Nothing on Earth seems to be able to fix this. Bloody browsers. Why can't they just work properly, FFS?

Firefox had decided to turn on the "Block images from hummy.tv" option all by itself.
Got images back now, but the thumbs up still generates the wrong thing.
๐Ÿ‘

The email notification showed a number 3939 instead of the smily face thumbs up but did show the thumbs up ๐Ÿ‘
I just tried to insert a thumbs up smilie from the drop down menu just above where I'm typing. The menu shows
but the inserted image is . Is this an error or a feature? (I haven't checked to see if there are any more mis-matched smilies) :)
pasting here doesn't show the thumbs up

Have you tried clearing your browser cache? Smilies are implemented as a single large image as far as I know and that will have changed with the upgrade.
No I hadn't. I might give it a try. But - when using the test site I dumped the cache contents and most of the smilies seemed to be separate files.
Now cleared the cache and the same as original post.

The email notification showed a number 3939 instead of the smily face thumbs up
That's probably because I had to upload my cached image of the original smiley. Back to the problem noted on the test site where an identifier for the uploaded image is shown instead of the image.
:rolling::roflmao: Two of my favourites do work.

:duel:

Mine too, but that's one of our own rather than a forum standard image. I hope there's a way to pull the image files out of the old forum!

The problem could be that :thumbsup: links to the new image rather than the old image. But inserting the old image uses the code for the new image. To quote Trev: :frantic:.

All the ones that are broken compared to the previous version of forum software are listed in post #5.

The problem could be that :thumbsup: links to the new image rather than the old image. But inserting the old image uses the code for the new image. To quote Trev: :frantic:.
I wanted the :thumbsup: just now, and the smilies menu shows the good old emoticon (see image), but what was actually posted (and displayed in the smilies menu as recently used) is a new-fangled hand.

Does anyone else have the "powers" to sort this out, or are we reliant on the over-worked and under-paid @af123?

I can add new smilies, but they have to have different image replacement text names to the new EmojiOne smilies.

Here is the old Thumbs Up smiley, which replaces :thumbsup_::thumbsup_: .

Perhaps it would be better if we were to remove the new EmojiOne smilies altogether, but that would have to be done by @af123 .

Last edited:
I know that, it's just one that I found. If anyone can find a site hosting the original ones, they can be added here.

Back