XenForo "Ignore" Option

Perhaps if 'we' all ignore him, he will go away as he will only have himself for company.:eek::D

If somebody on your 'ignore' list deletes their account, their posts then become visible – whether you like it or not. No longer being associated with a specific member, there is no identity to set 'ignore' on.

There is a problem here. In theory you should be able to change or delete your identity. In practice it ruins the smooth running of the forum. You can't always follow the flow if someone changes their name - and I imagine it would be difficult to rename the member in the quoted items so that you could still follow the conversations. The deleted member and ignore problem could be annoying (well, for BH anyway :D ). Perhaps the solution would be for a deleted member to be a locked/banned real member so that they can be ignored.

One would expect blocking to be based (internally) on the user number rather than user name and so should persist across change or deletion of user name.
I see no indication that the member in question (unless there was more than one) has deleted his account - I can still see his profile and posts
So the question becomes why is @Black Hole 's ignore no longer working for him

One would expect blocking to be based (internally) on the user number rather than user name and so should persist across change or deletion of user name.
I see no indication that the member in question (unless there was more than one) has deleted his account - I can still see his profile and posts
So the question becomes why is @Black Hole 's ignore no longer working for him
I did not have him set to ignore and I cannot see his profile, all his posts are now from "Deleted member 473" and hovering on that name or the "D" avatar does not give any member details.

How can that be? The name against the relevant posts has changed, and is no longer hot-linked to a profile:

1617203171281.png

I see the posts but the profile has definitely gone.
I thought the references were to Member 7823 who was the original subject of this thread and who is still active 1617204443603.png

I wasn't aware that another user had been subjected to Ignoring and was now deleted - sorry for becoming confused.
However my point still applies the Ignore should use the user number 473 and be unaffected by the associated profile being removed - a XenForo bug

Back