Xmas Already!

Hasn't this been the same with one of the Great!/Sony/(whatever it was before) channels for the last few years?

I'm sure for many years the Christmas toy adverts used to be broadcast either at the beginning or end of September. Don't watch the TV at the right time to catch them these days. But September does seem like the recent date for the channel name change.

Well I won't be doing any more retunes until January. I have a strict policy of not picking up any of the XMas themed channel names
You don't need to retune for this. You don't get a choice on devices that update themselves. Even on an HD/HDR Fox T2 all you have to do is change to one of the Xmas channels and its name will change. Bah humbug. And roll on Jan. 2nd.

You don't need to retune for this. You don't get a choice on devices that update themselves. Even on an HD/HDR Fox T2 all you have to do is change to one of the Xmas channels and its name will change. Bah humbug. And roll on Jan. 2nd.
Er, no, the channels do not pick up the name change on HD/HDR Fox T2. They show it on screen in the overlay but in the EPG and channel list they still show as their proper channel name.

There's no LCN 51 on my box, I probably missed a pointless retune.
The channels in question (51 and 61) are only available on the Local/GMAN muxes - it's not hard to look up.
So you would appear to be pontificating about things you can't actually receive. I think that means you lost the argument.

Even on an HD/HDR Fox T2 all you have to do is change to one of the Xmas channels and its name will change.

I see the useless lumps at freeview.co.uk haven't been bothered to update their channel list web-site since the change last Wed.

Even on an HD/HDR Fox T2 all you have to do is change to one of the Xmas channels and its name will change.
I didn't know that. You're right, it does. (And I notice it's "Christmas" not "Xmas" as shown the the Mail TV guide.)

The channels in question (51 and 61) are only available on the Local/GMAN muxes - it's not hard to look up.
So you would appear to be pontificating about things you can't actually receive. I think that means you lost the argument.
I do get the Local mux, but the channel in question appears to be on LCN 50 for me. Like I said I suspect I missed a retune.

Why do things have to be in terms of winning or losing an argument? I didn't think of it as an argument, it's a shame you do. I was just mistaken how it worked that's all.

Back