[youtube-dl] Download videos from youtube.com or other video platforms

/df

Is the --config-location /mod/etc/youtube-dl.conf supposed to be missing from /mod/bin/youtube in the latest (-3)?

OP
prpr

prpr

Is the --config-location /mod/etc/youtube-dl.conf supposed to be missing from /mod/bin/youtube in the latest (-3)?
Yes. I modified the default as part of the package build, like I modified the /usr/bin/env stuff.
youtube now does the same as youtube-dl as they're identical scripts. The former is only retained for backwards compatibility.

/df

That seems entirely reasonable, since installable C packages should get configured with --prefix=/mod and thus find their conf in /mod/etc without any recourse to /etc.

/df

I've tested djcsdy's patch for BBC playlist support.

The patch seems to work (testing with --get-title), slowly, but with one of the listed URLs (https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b07xd230/josh?seriesId=p047lvcs, where it should find 6 episodes, but doesn't) python repeatedly took over the box; it first used 80% CPU as measured in top and gradually reached 80% memory, at which point the picture stuttered and froze and then humaxtv crashed. As it was a memory issue, the CF package cpulimit didn't help.

The operation of the entire extractor is pretty obscure and this patch just piles it on. More study needed.