Youtube-dl mp4 issues

rodp

Hi All,

I've been using Youtube-dl to download a few full series mp4 files (bbc iplayer) but i am having issues in that the box front panel and remote becomes unresponsive on occasions. Webif is ok but is stating it's playing the mp4 files (green play icon when you tap the top frame / border) but it just stays there until you reboot (via webif). I'm not watching it on the tv but it's as if it's processing it or indexing it.

I read a thread talking about a similar issue and they came to the conclusion that it was an indexing issue which perhaps is the same problem. If it is how can I test for this and how might I fix this? I have downloaded mp4 files via the same process in the past and they have been stored on the hdd however that's only been one or two, not 20/30 files.

Link to other thread https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/unit-freezes-when-playing-mp4-files.3850/

Once it gets stuck playing one of the mp4 files i have to reboot in order for the things waiting in the queue to be processed.

Screenshot_20201017-225229_Chrome.jpg

Any thoughts or any tests to do please let me know. The HDD and installation is brand new. I can do a disk check but think it's something else.

Thanks

Rodp

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
This is almost certainly something to do with the MP4 itself (or the HDR-FOX's media player, which we can do nothing about). Compare with a known good MP4 (I presume you are not saying all MP4s do the same thing).

To do any diagnosis, I think you will need to export the errand file to a proper computer for examination.

OP
R

rodp

Ok will take that file and a good known mp4 file and do some discovery. What sort of differences would i look for?

OP
R

rodp

So, I've had a look at a good file and a bad file. Both acquired via Qtube albeit the good file was acquired some time ago. Other than the difference in video bitrate there is a difference in the Audio format and some metadata. If it is an indexing problem could something like that cause an issue?

I've since rebooted the humax and it no longer showed it was playing the file in the background.

I then tried to see if I could re-create the error and deleted the bad file off the internal HDD and then copied it back on. the normal Humax DLNA service took the file off (checked via VLC / windows Media player) and then when I copied it back on, it reappeared in the UPNP list (well it did in windows media player but vlc is playing up and isn't wanting to show all the files for some reason despite restarting VLC). There was no message in Webif saying it was playing the file. So, I wasn't my able to repeat the issue so I'm now going to assume it was something to do with qtube / youtube-dl processing in collaboration with ffmpeg.

If the problem re-appears or the front panel and remote become unresponsive again, I'll investigate again further.

Thanks

Rodp

1603051112389.png

bottletop

Hi All,

I've been using Youtube-dl to download a few full series mp4 files (bbc iplayer) but i am having issues in that the box front panel and remote becomes unresponsive on occasions. Webif is ok but is stating it's playing the mp4 files (green play icon when you tap the top frame / border) but it just stays there until you reboot (via webif). I'm not watching it on the tv but it's as if it's processing it or indexing it.

I read a thread talking about a similar issue and they came to the conclusion that it was an indexing issue which perhaps is the same problem. If it is how can I test for this and how might I fix this? I have downloaded mp4 files via the same process in the past and they have been stored on the hdd however that's only been one or two, not 20/30 files.
I don't think you're alone. I have this issue on occasions. It just potentially locks up when playing back a mp4 file, and doesn't register when it finishes the playback. It doesn't happen frequently (hope I haven't jinxed it by saying that)
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/status-occassionally-reports-wrong-state.9690/