Youtube not working

socrates

Since Wednesday Youtube has been playing up. It loads OK, searches OK, lists matching videos and appears to load the selected one. Then the message "Temporary error - please try again" appears.

I'm guessing its not a Youtube end problem or a generic firmware issue or it would already have been raised on the forum. So far as I can see nothing has changed and my internet connection is good.

Any ideas?

This has been seen before, it seems to be an occasional glitch. It might not have been mentioned this time, either because everyone's used to it or because nobody's bothering with YouTube.

For what it's worth, I just tried and got the same.

Thanks - I'd not given it much thought before but presumably a Humax server sits between the HDR and the various services providing a further point of possible failure.

It'll be nice one day to be the one offering helpful answers rather than yet more questions.

Thanks - I'd not given it much thought before but presumably a Humax server sits between the HDR and the various services providing a further point of possible failure.

Quite so.

It'll be nice one day to be the one offering helpful answers rather than yet more questions.

You'll be more than welcome, but I have the advantage of having been in at the start and coincidental with not being able to do much else than lurk on forums all day and all night. The BYTs got on with the clever stuff and my contribution was to look after the information desk.

We always need observations for the collective experience, so it is a case of remaining alert, especially when something unusual happens, and reporting accurately what happened and under what circumstances, and testing it for repeatability. If you want to make a positive contribution be daring and try out some of the latest betas (installed the new screen saver yet?).

Just a "me too" on the Hummy YouTube portal "Temporary error - please try again" error.
(I haven't tried YouTube in months, but had a few longer things to watch so thought I'd watch them on the TV. Disappointing).
Just running stock firmware, whatever the latest one is.

Back