[webif] Web interface

Hi,

I deleted my login/user details expecting the webif to allow me to access without needing authentication. Now I get asked for a user and password but can't login. What can I do?

I have latest webif.

Steve.

Have you restarted the box after deleting the last user? A restart is necessary.

Webif 0.8.9

Copy/Cut/Paste for files in media browser
Another great addition to Webif, thanks to af123. I gave this a try yesterday and made the following observations:

1. All copies of large files to an external Ext3-formatted disk stopped dead at 2.0 GB, no errors reported.
2. The copy of HD media to external disk was still encrypted.
3. Moving files internally on the HDD was virtually instantaneous, regardless of file size.

Are 1 & 2 expected behaviour? Copying large files via the Humax "Media" interface doesn't have problems with the large files and performs the decryption of HD files (I have Auto-Unprotect installed) so I suspect this is using different copy process. Is it possible to force a copy of HD media to external disk to be decrypted on-the-fly, as that would be a really useful feature?

Cheers, BlackCat3000

Moving files on the same drive should be almost instantaneous. The copy to USB will remain encrypted if the file was encrypted in the first place, you'll have to use decrypt-in-place first. The 2GB limit sounds like some kind of bug.

The copy to USB will remain encrypted if the file was encrypted in the first place, you'll have to use decrypt-in-place first. The 2GB limit sounds like some kind of bug.

Yes, I seem to remember some discussion about it being difficult to access directly from Webif the functions that the box uses to copy/decrypt natively to USB disk. Would it be possible to persuade the Webif copy process to do an, erm, automatic "decrypt in place" sort of thing when copying an encrypted file to a USB disk, do you think, except that the output goes directly to the USB device?

Well, there is a decrypt option on the WebIF OPT+ button, which I believe uses wget and the DLNA server, so it would probably only be a case of adding an option dialogue once you click "decrypt" to do it in-place or to divert the wget output to another file location. Better ask af123 nicely.

@af123. If you could see your way to adding a "decrypt to..." dialogue so we can choose the destination folder (be it on the internal disk or on a USB device) then I, for one, would be very grateful. Regardless of whether this can be done, thanks for everything you've already put into Webif.

I transferred a TS file to my HDR using FTP, and it is not showing in the "Browse Media Files" in webif. So I created a folder and moved the file into it, this folder is visible in media files, and indicates that it contains (1.3 GiB), but when the folder is selected, it is empty.

I seem to recall something slightly similar happened after flatten was introduced, and a fix was rolled out shortly afterwards.

The TS file does appear in the native Humax "Media-Video" list, and plays OK.

The programme was recorded on my HDR, then transferred to my laptop. Then it was deleted from my HDR, but I decided later that I wanted it back on the HDR, so transferred the renamed TS file back.

The programme was recorded on my HDR, then transferred to my laptop. Then it was deleted from my HDR, but I decided later that I wanted it back on the HDR, so transferred the renamed TS file back.

That's odd - I cannot replicate it here. I have removed the sidecar files from a recording and it still shows up fine in the webif, although it can't load the file information when clicked on of course.

That's odd - I cannot replicate it here. I have removed the sidecar files from a recording and it still shows up fine in the webif, although it can't load the file information when clicked on of course.
I don't know if it's relevant, but when I transferred it back it had been renamed with just the programme name, and no date or time details.

It did eventually get rid of Admin, but I never saw any confirmation that it was going to do so. I'll have to invoke another login to see if it works now.

Be careful with deleting files using webif, there seems to be a rather nasty bug.

While using the delete option to remove some radio programmes, webif wiped my entire radio directory (not just the 29 files that I had selected to wipe) and then killed my /mod directory. Fortunately I had recent backups of most of my programmes and /mod from about a week ago.

The files would have been called /media/My Video/RADIO/Afternoon Play_ Whenever I Get Blown__/<whatever> [there is a bug in seriesfiler that I need to sort, hence the name]
The filenames looked pretty standard, apart from some underscores and a few ' marks.

We've done a lot of filing since the backup so I'm not sure if anything else has gone.

I've just reinstalled webif but there's a lot that I still need to put back before I can find what else may have gone.

If it helps, I have been running auto-update, so the code will have been the most recent.

Ouch, that's definitely nasty - I'll push up an update that disables deletion pending investigation.

• Temporarily disable deletion from media browser due to possible bug;
  • Allow the restart required alert to be dismissed;
  • Default package management tab is now upgrades;
  • Package management upgrades tab now shows correct latest version;

Back