New firmware Version 1.03.12 for HDR-FOX T2

For example, as stated on that page to upgrade from 1.02.32 to CFW2.22/1.03.12, "There is no need to install Official 1.03.12 first, this single step will install the Customised firmware and upgrade the Official Firmware".
Yes, fair enough. It says "Download and install CFW 2.22/1.03.12". But when you go to the downloads page there isn't a 'CFW 2.22/1.03.12'. There is an 'HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_2.22.zip', but it's a bit of a leap of faith for the less technically adept to be sure that is the one to grab. (I certainly have to go back and forth a few times to make sure I'm not going to brick the box.)

I suspect that a few people may have been put off trying to load CFW ( :hug: BH) because it does look a bit challenging and the inclusion of a mysterious 'nerd-word' like mod doesn't help.

It says "Download and install CFW 2.22/1.03.12". But when you go to the downloads page there isn't a 'CFW 2.22/1.03.12'.
That, I am sorry to say, is the fault of the documentation. Attention to detail is very important when writing for the unknowledgable, assume nothing.

I would prefer the only download links to be on the Firmware Downloads page where the release date and checksum is also published. This is just another place to have to maintain the links, which I was trying to avoid when I moved them all out of forum threads and onto a single Wiki page, and will mess up the download counters in the same way that direct links in forum posts do.

As for the terminology that was used on that page, it is explained at the top and still used in the left hand column so shouldn't be confusing. Perhaps the missing link is just some text at the top to explain that CFW x.xx/y.y.y will have a filename like HDR_FOX_T2_y.y.y_mod_x.xx.zip.

And should we not be deciding whether it should be called CFW or CF?:)

EDIT To add.
I particularly like the second one referred to below:)

I'm quite surprised that no-one had mentioned that the last few pages are in the wrong forum/thread ;)

Yes, but we seem to have more than our fair share of pedants and moaners on this forum who love to fill up threads with cr*p like this.
Yes, you know who you are, so if the cap fits, wear it.
If af123 wants to name his firmware releases that way, then so be it, it's his prerogative and tough sh*t to those who don't like it. Go and post in the hummy arms where you belong, so we don't have to wade through this dross just to read the one post that might actually be useful.
End of rant.:frantic:

Everyone is free to express an opinion, including you. How dull the world would be otherwise. Strange how some people dislike others expressing opinions contrary to their own.

The point was relevant to the subject in hand. Not all "decisions" are the result of rational consideration, sometimes things just happened that way and could have been better with hindsight.

This is a new one on me. A friend phoned to say his HDR-T2 had lost it's schedule list, the same thing happened to neighbour of his. Seems to have been an auto retune in both cases Crystal Palace TX. Also on BBC 3 & 4 he is sometimes getting the message 'this channel is scrambled or unavailable'?
I am on a different TX, Heathfield Sussex which only has BBC3 HD available. I have not had the retune problem, but as a test last night I set up 'American Dad' to record both on BBC3 SD & HD. On checking this morning I found the HD version had recorded normally, but the SD one said 'this channel is scrambled or unavailable? The Humax saga continues, all three HDR-T2 boxes are on the latest firmware 1-03-12 which appeared via OTA a few weeks back.

Everyone is free to express an opinion, including you. How dull the world would be otherwise. Strange how some people dislike others expressing opinions contrary to their own.

The point was relevant to the subject in hand. Not all "decisions" are the result of rational consideration, sometimes things just happened that way and could have been better with hindsight.

Black Hole, Please don't think I'm being rude but have you ever considered that you might have Aspergers Syndrome?

Normally people who don't want to be moderated make those claims themselves in my humble opinion you use to see it on the free for all Radio One boards and pseudo drive by shootings on the One Extra board. Obviously with a self assigned mental health diagnosis they evaded moderation.

This is a new one on me. A friend phoned to say his HDR-T2 had lost it's schedule list, the same thing happened to neighbour of his. Seems to have been an auto retune in both cases Crystal Palace TX. Also on BBC 3 & 4 he is sometimes getting the message 'this channel is scrambled or unavailable'?
I am on a different TX, Heathfield Sussex which only has BBC3 HD available. I have not had the retune problem, but as a test last night I set up 'American Dad' to record both on BBC3 SD & HD. On checking this morning I found the HD version had recorded normally, but the SD one said 'this channel is scrambled or unavailable? The Humax saga continues, all three HDR-T2 boxes are on the latest firmware 1-03-12 which appeared via OTA a few weeks back.

The first one sounds like a DSO, with the custom software you can block these and will also restore your schedule after a retune. Someone was trying to tell BH you don't need to block these now since there aren't any, but there are always changes to channel line ups that the broadcaster can toogle a retune against if they so wish. Now when does the new London local channel start... Soon. So may be that was the objective. I block DSO via the custom software.

Back