New firmware Version 1.03.12 for HDR-FOX T2

This is true. But as iOS cannot be made to default to anything other than Safari, I suspect most iPad users will lack the edit toolbar. I switch to Mercury, but only when I really need to - where I frequently find web sites don't behave well on the touch screen when they don't expect one.

What browser do you use, Wallace?

Past events demonstrate that it isn't since this will be the first time an update has been pulled unless you want to quote Barry on this being not the case.
We do not know why the update was pulled. Barry says that is was not on technical grounds so what is your point?

That indeed Jack's question.
What does that mean?
I think my questions are of good value, but were you asking this as a moderator or as a lesser mortal of planet earth ?.
If I understood your questions I might be able to comment. It is your tendency to spread FUD without any basis that I find irritating as an individual and as a moderator (with very considerable experience of moderating a large technical discussion group).

I use the default Safari.

Think I will stick to using my PC in the future. I use Chrome as my default browser there. I have actually removed IE.

For what it's worth under 1.03.12 I am now looking at the message "The channel is scrambled or not available" whilst playing back a time delayed pause. Took it out of the pause (stop), back to live channel and it was fine. Obviously one doesn't know whether Crystal Palace BBC News HD went of the air or not at that time. But it hasn't done that before.
Edit reading around this seems to be a sporadic problem over the years with Humax HDRs but one I've never had before.

(this is not "FUD" by the way but an observation)

We do not know why the update was pulled. Barry says that is was not on technical grounds so what is your point?

He didn't say that in his post of Fri 28 Feb 2014 18:41:28 #51 |

>>
The OTA was suspended late yesterday afternoon by the DTG, and next weeks repeat was removed from schedule earlier today, for reasons I cannot go into but....
Important to note it is not because of any issues being reported here.
<<

He is saying that it's nothing that has been reported their to date, Fri 28 Feb 2014 18:41:28 . That is not saying that it's "not technical grounds", evident you have other information possibly being a beta tester, but that isn't what Barry said or you misread.

Now I see Barry made another post which you probably got him to do tonight (Mon 3 Mar 2014 18:45:10 #58).

>>
Dear oh dear, there is some codswallop being posted elsewhere re the reason for this update being suspended (thanks to the person who pointed it out to me)
1. There is nothing untoward wrong with the software.
2. Your boxes have not been bricked.
3. There is no legal problem.
4. Add any other conspiracy theory, nonsense.
I was made aware as to why it was suspended, and HDR T2 owners with the update have nothing to worry about. It is only of concern to those parties involved.
<<

That last point I made myself over the weekend that I suspect it would cause no more damage to your box than the 1.03.11 which we had been using. I don't think "legal" ever featured in it.

My own theory is that the updated wasn't going to work with the extended iPlayer which we haven't seen yet, but would have been tested against. Arguably if that was the case they should have let the update run, then rolled out another one, since boards such as this will monitor when things get pulled and the uncertainty raises doubts.

Glad we are all happy bunnies now.

We don't have any evidence for that either.

I was just sharing the love since it's sometime missing on this board. (evidence that Barry is a loveable chap)

I don't know why Humax don't give it to us lot on here to test. We are, collectively, the best testing resource they have (and we're free!), yet they shun us. It is outright stupidity on their part.

I whole heartedly agree with that sentiment since I suspect they are placing all their eggs in one basket. Obviously in this instance if it was pulled because it wasn't fit for purpose for say the News and Sports portals we would not have been able to see that bug unless they gave access to that as well. Certainly the ongoing EPG bug which we were aware about was only due to the software being borrowed off boxes they shipped with 1.03.xx on but chose not to share with the wider world, which then created the orchestrated displeasure when it was more widely released.

This is true. But as iOS cannot be made to default to anything other than Safari, I suspect most iPad users will lack the edit toolbar. I switch to Mercury, but only when I really need to - where I frequently find web sites don't behave well on the touch screen when they don't expect one.

What browser do you use, Wallace?

Although I quoted above, this is open to all apple users: since you are innate meddlers(see:belonging here) how do you put up with the lock and key approach ?

It doesn't bother me. I just use as the manufacturer intended and don't find it a problem.

Any idea how long it took to download? At 12Kb/s it could take a while to get a standard-size HDF.
According to Barry over on MyHumax..org 32 minutes.
What? If it really is coming over a 12kb side channel, 32 minutes is only about 3MB. The typical .hdf is around 16MB.
It's certainly running at 12Kb/s at the moment.. could have been increased overnight.
It was 22841526 bytes of data, so almost 22 MiB (that's the HDF payload so the HDF itself would have been larger)
This turns out to be a units expression problem in the tools used. The data rate was 12KB/s not 12Kb/s.

Be careful. I have used it in the past and it can lead to confusion. IIRC, if you 'Ignore' a user, it also renders their previous posts invisible. That can make the thread of a discussion difficult to follow.

'ey up,
just returned from winter break (internet free!.) and catching up with the forums. Powered up the T2 on Feb 27th and all ok. I logged on to this forum on the 28th noting the OTA and checked the schedule- all ok. Checked system information and find we are still on 1.02.29. We are on the Caldbeck transmitter and have a scheduled reminder set 06.00-06.20 and no CF. Can we assume the OTA was not transmitted?
We're satisfied with the set up at present- iplayer works ok, which is all we need, having given up some time ago with the internet radio.

The 1.03.12 OTA was only transmitted for one day before being 'pulled', all repeats have also been removed, so there won't be any OTAs for a while

Does it now. That's interesting.

<testing>

Still not working for me. The WebIF doesn't even show a new download starting to replace the previous buffer contents. "Exit" doesn't restore normal operation (out of the stalled play operation), have to reboot or wait for it to give up and become responsive.

Back