New firmware Version 1.03.12 for HDR-FOX T2

Monty the insomniac here. Have just done an OTA upgrade from 1.03.11/ CFW 2.22 to 1.03.12 (see pic). It went smoothly: the programming phase shot up quickly to 91%, sat there for about 3 minutes then went to 99% for a minute before completing. I then installed 1.03.11/ CFW 2.22 again. This was also smooth: Web-if opened straight away and all my packages etc. were still there. @AF123: let me know if you want me to run a diagnostic on the down-dated HDR.
Any idea how long it took to download? At 12Kb/s it could take a while to get a standard-size HDF.

What? If it really is coming over a 12kb side channel, 32 minutes is only about 3MB. The typical .hdf is around 16MB.

the remote scheduler has seen the disk contents at 04:41 so I have assumed that all is good and it's not downgraded.
Unless you told the Humax to wake up at 4:41, I would guess your Humax woke up to do an OTA, in which case you probably have 1.03.12 installed now

It's certainly running at 12Kb/s at the moment.. could have been increased overnight.

Thanks... Black Hole / Ezra Pound, it was set to be awake from 4:20 - 4:40. Could be rounding / time variation 4:40 / 4:41. Oh well if the schedule is blank next time it's awake and then I'll know it updated. Although I suspect it might not wake up at 18:30 for 30 minutes if it updated which is my next time of having it live for programme scheduling when I'm not in. I'll tell it to record something tonight, give it at remote reboot and see what happens. I know that I've had worries in foreign parts in the past whether it had lost contact or been burgled.

Any idea how long it took to download? At 12Kb/s it could take a while to get a standard-size HDF.
I didn't time it precisely, but it was between 30-40 minutes: Barry's figure sounds spot-on. I caught the end of the download and watched the programming phase. It shot up to 91% in a few seconds. Normally, in a USB update file, they package up the kernel and the kitchen sink. Do you think this was more of a patch? 10% of the normal .HDF size would be 2-3MB.

It was 22841526 bytes of data, so almost 22 MiB (that's the HDF payload so the HDF itself would have been larger)

Well my normally reliable box ended up with this software on it last night. Now it resets itself all the time.
I'm going to try and put the 1.2.20 back on that ezra uploaded for me.
My box does not like this 1.03.12 at all.

Well my normally reliable box ended up with this software on it last night. Now it resets itself all the time.
I'm going to try and put the 1.2.20 back on that ezra uploaded for me.
My box does not like this 1.03.12 at all.
Set a reminder to cover 4.20 to 4.40 AM or it could update again tonight. Someone more in the know may be able to help you with this problem. I doubt that the update is intrinsically incompatible with your box: there is probably a corrupted file somewhere that needs rooting out.

I was a SAP also and stayed up until 2am to get the download, downloaded very slowly around 40 mins and stay locked at 99% for another 15 mins. Then kicked in to do the firmware flash. Afterwards everything seems fine. Shame there are no visual changes just all background stuff. Will be good to see when they add more apps to the portal that should be coming next month :)...

I will add the CFW when it's done also :)...

Do we know if any of these updates, put back the recording schedule when you re-tune? like the CFW does? you would think that update would be basic function update?..

"Awake" isn't good enough, it has to be recording something or a Reminder schedule.

Yes, read awake as reminder. I can't remember which method I use schedule or the other. I believe I use schedule the schedule.... hmm but I see on the HD box I use the preference on timer method. I must have thought that was better at some stage. That for the 04:20 - 04:40.

In my terming:

Awake = reminder not recording
Recording = Recording
Standby = Standby

I suspect there might be another state...

Do we know if any of these updates, put back the recording schedule when you re-tune? like the CFW does? you would think that update would be basic function update?..

That did occur to me whether they fixed the bug of deleting your schedule, but I suspect not, deletion being a feature.

That did occur to me whether they fixed the bug of deleting your schedule, but I suspect not, deletion being a feature.

That is one of the main reasons why I added the CFW. I like the Webif but I feel its a basic feature to always have your recordings on the list on boot up and on a re-scan...

Back