New firmware Version 1.03.12 for HDR-FOX T2

Monty the insomniac here. Have just done an OTA upgrade from 1.03.11/ CFW 2.22 to 1.03.12 (see pic). It went smoothly: the programming phase shot up quickly to 91%, sat there for about 3 minutes then went to 99% for a minute before completing. I then installed 1.03.11/ CFW 2.22 again. This was also smooth: Web-if opened straight away and all my packages etc. were still there. @AF123: let me know if you want me to run a diagnostic on the down-dated HDR.

Attachments

• 1_03_12.jpg
    1_03_12.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 33
I might have the wrong end of the stick here, but why after you took the OTA update to v1.03.12, did you 'wind back' to v1.03.11?

In my none technical mind, you have just negated updating in the first place.

Well the insomniac was proving the downgrading worked but then we're also looking for someone who kept a copy for af123 to mod. Perhaps on one of your three machines Wallace you have that. I think af123 would prefer a vanilla one that came off the beta site or the data traffic since he once explained that the machine extraction before he mods it, isn't identical to the original. This is the perfection in him coming out. Thus I suspect what we'll see is a modded one extracted from the box, then once it's available online a revised one, unless he's cracked listening to the over the air data stream which he talked about.

So hopefully someone out there is sitting on an over the air update. Maybe af123 himself and it won't be too long before we can play with a custom version. Actually every time I said mod above it should read custom.

Wallace said:
I might have the wrong end of the stick here, but why after you took the OTA update to v1.03.12, did you 'wind back' to v1.03.11?

In my none technical mind, you have just negated updating in the first place.
I did it to check that it is possible to downgrade from 1.03.12 back to an older version with custom firmware. Without trying it, it is imposible to be sure. I want to upgrade to 1.03.12 but not at the expense of the custom firmware features. AF123 may have been able to capture the new version from the OTA broadcast, but if not the method used in the past to extract both 1.03.06 and 1.03.11 involved installing an older version of custom firmware onto a box with newer firmware loaded and running a bespoke diagnostic to ascertain the memory layout. This enabled extraction of the new version from a second box. This was then customised and made available as an update file which could be installed from a USB pen drive.

How do I set this daily reminder? Do I remind myself that I want to watch a program between these times, using th EPG? Or is it the daily wake up setting on rs.hpkg.tv?
Fully detailed in the link from paragraph 4 of Things Every... (click) section 1.

Or you could use Menu->Settings->Preferences->Time option.
This is used to turn the Humax on and off at your chosen times.
This does not have the desired effect. Just being "on" does not prevent the OTA search.

Per chance Mr Black did you allow one of your boxes to take the over the air for af123 to work on if he doesn't have more than one box.

You seem rather adept at 'volenteering' other peoples boxes to experiment on. How do you know what offers have been made that are not in the public domain?

None taken.

I only have one box so I didn't volunteer but if my protection failed then happy to help but that will be Sunday at the earliest. No when fishing af123 indicated that he thought that he'd have sufficient numbers of people failing to stop it. But obviously if Montys' right then you just take the update again and that is probably what our techi people are doing. I'm sure that one didn't allude Monty.

@Tell. The OTA transmission is running until 9AM on Friday morning. Anyone who wants to install 1.03.12 can do so by selecting installation>automatic update (or do a manual update, by inputting the PSB1 multiplex frequency) before this time.

I will be available to test out the Custom version with BootHDR as soon as af123 posts it up, up to Saturday. No pressure :). Expect we'll see it posted up Thursday / Friday. Based on how quick he turned round 1.03.11.

I've seen now several messages like this and I've got to say this. It makes the impression that af has somehow some kind of obligation to deliver. Everybody needs to understand that what af does is voluntary and stop pestering if that's what it is to him. It may be that he will do what people ask but that's only because he wants to. Enough said, back to topic.

I then installed 1.03.11/ CFW 2.22 again. This was also smooth: Web-if opened straight away and all my packages etc. were still there.

Many thanks for answering my question before I'd even asked it :) - my Fox upgraded itself this morning (I hadn't been keeping an eye on the forums and I didn't have the ota disabled) so I was wondering if it was possible to downgrade to 1.03.11/CFW until 1.03.12/CFW is available.

It is very good and credit to all those including af123 and those people that field questions.

What I said on Tuesday. af123 likes the attention have you ever seen him complain.... no. From previous custom upgrades it takes him about a day, so unless he's off doing something I'd expect to see something like today :). Noted that EvilsMontyTwin identified that you could downgrade so it isn't an issue.

I know I was wrong in that instance but there have been other times where it's been cancelled in the past.

Question for Chris or whoever if a box did get downgraded over the air would it still appear to be talking to the remote scheduler ?. I ask this question since the remote scheduler has seen the disk contents at 04:41 so I have assumed that all is good and it's not downgraded. RS shows it as having a schedule still present as well which would suggest that all is still good.

Back