New firmware Version 1.03.12 for HDR-FOX T2

I wonder if they have taken the comments about the leggy EPG on board and have postponed the current OTA while they look for a solution.

Just a thought.

I wonder if they have taken the comments about the leggy EPG on board and have postponed the current OTA while they look for a solution.

Just a thought.
It would be a failure of beta testing if that was the case. I'm always intrigued as to how many people they use and in my career you usually got yes guys for that so it didn't get tested well. Not that I had an angle that I would charge.

Barry has posted about the OTA suspension on MyHumax.org: see here. He implied that it is not related to the EPG lag, but did not specify why the update was pulled.

The last post just then from Barry says he can't go into it but not issues reported here being myhumax... Hmmm... Must be careful that I'm not assused of chocolate fudge. Bit worrying. Pure speculation perhaps it doesn't work well with what we haven't seen namely the portal enhancements or some other add on.

Clearing out the house of my dead mother does have an effect, plus several other relatives that she hasn't sorted their stuff out. Thought I had sorted theirs out but discovered another treasure trove, so nice when IT works since the rest doesn't. Oops I thought you were having ago at me, have a hug Black Hole.

Actually he probably means a compression like Access, where the pointers point over previous deleted stuff although in my experience you just get more space, not more performance. You would expect the box to have a bit more horsepower to shift stuff around in memory. Try this its overlaying it into slower memory....

I noticed the same from Sutton Coldfield. Next week's repeat OTA has been removed from the DTT schedule too.

It was pulled while I was downloading it. After downloading the install instantly failed with a weird error message and saying "try again". So I then searched for the update again, and got the message "not found". Being totally confused I tried again, with the same result. I tried a manual search and still not found. I then reached the conclusion that it must have been pulled. The time it was pulled was somewhere between 17:00 and 18:00.

The reason for pulling can only be ether Humax or the DTG were not happy with the update in some way.

Well I hate the new iPlayer, what were they thinking? I much preferred the old one since it showed more on screen at once when trying to find things, the old one approximated a grid EPG to some extent. This one drives me nuts the way it shows channels and programmes. Fortunately I have get_iplayer installed on my PC so I tend to use that to avoid live streaming and buffering issues, the Humax plays the .mp4 files it saves perfectly.

You may get use to it. The partner made a useful observation on the design. They are old school and don't have a touch screen. The design seems to be around a touch screen, if so you are suppose to swish those panes but obviously on the Humax no swishing. You have the subtitles implemented, automatic select of HD if available, ability to step back one, browse recommendations whilst playing a programme, favourites, resume from last play. True no longer tabular down, tabular across showing less per screen due to bigger programme graphics.

get_iplayer shows a grid style EPG which bears a considerable resemblance to the HDR Fox T2 EPG. I much prefer this style of presentation.

I see what you mean about the UI being designed for a touch screen. But all smart TVs and set top boxes don't have a touch screen, so there really ought to be a UI designed for that scenario.

It was pulled while I was downloading it...The reason for pulling can only be ether Humax or the DTG were not happy with the update in some way.
So does that mean we would be unwise to use 1.03.12 ?
If so which previous version ought we use, the most recent 1.02.xx or one of the 1.03.xx ?
I have one HDR which was in standby and with disable-ota active, still on 1.02.26?-CF and one which was awake and updated to 1.03.12, which I then installed 1.03.11-CF (previously the same as the other HDR).

I don't think anybody has posted up a fatal flaw with 1.03.12, the EPG issue which bugs some people has always been in 1.03.xx. When I get home I'm putting it on 1.03.12 although I have been looking at it on the HD model running under BootHDR. I suspect the issue with what they rolled out is related to the additional BBC portal compatibility promised for March rather than its current operation but that is pure supposition. You would have to stop the roll out if you got that wrong since there would be no purpose. The beta testers will be swearn to secrecy on this but will have been told the issue.

Barry says it was suspended by the DTG this could mean they turned it off since they hold the key or it didn't meet a technical standard of themselves. The intrigue will continue but I doubt it will damage the box anymore than 1.03.11.

Never mind the politics, what the OTA being pulled means is that a considerable proportion of boxes in the wild still have the extra HD channels recording problem. Which is pathetic given how long this problem has been known about. And HD Fox T2 users are also still waiting for a fix.

I don't know who is worse for updates, Apple or Humax. They both make Microsoft look competent and professional. (Want "gotofail" SSL fix on iOS 6 on a device that can run iOS 7? Tough, you should have upgraded according to Apple, even if you hate iOS 7 like I do. Apple have probably lost my future business at this point.)

I agree with your sentiments Owen on Humax. I run on an Apple free zone and wouldn't touch them remembering the worship of those little Macs in the 80s. If it's an Apple no thanks....

Not to mention a considerable proportion of boxes that now have 1.3.12 which may have a serious, but undisclosed, technical or legal problem. If so, it will be interesting to see how Humax get round it. A downloadable 1.3.11, anyone? We shall see - eventually.

Software is a complex thing these days. All companies make mistakes. Show me one that hasn't and I'll show you a liar.

Anyway, old school iPlayer can still be accessed if you still want it using the custom portal. It will take a bit of jiggery pokery but it's essentially just a case of pointing it to bbc.co.uk/iPlayer/bigscreen/

Wish I'd been here more recently, turned on my hummy, went to look on Webif and couldn't connect... checked all my network etc and everything seemed to be fine...

Checked software version and found I was on the new software... Thought I'd got disable ota installed but maybe not.

Looks like I'll be having to reinstall CFW:)

Back