[CFW 2.19/1.03.06] Custom firmware for version 1.03.06

Hi both,

Thanks. I am a nervous about downloading a previous version (cf 1.02.32/2.19) as reading this thread it seems it might 'brick' the box. Am happy to wait until a mod has been developed, unless of course anyone has done cf 1.03.06/2.19 then cf.1.02.32/2.19 and found it to be ok. The other thing i could do is an RMA and then cf 1.02.32/2.19, but that seems like problems waiting to happen.

As I haven't tried installing 1.03.06 then downgrading myself I'm reluctant to give you the all clear. What I can say is the bricked units you highlighted above are what happens when you try to put the old software on a new style box that has slightly different hardware.

You have an old style box so "should" be fine. Might be worth waiting for input from someone who knows for sure. AF123 for example

Posted on the move

Thanks for that. To be honest, i was not aware that i was downloading 1.03.06 until after i had done it. I initially thought i was just downloading the latest cfw for 1.02.28. Oh well, i have put up with the old portal this long.... :rolleyes:

Hi Folks,

Have been having a read of this thread. I'm already running af's brilliant custom firmware on my HDR with software 1.02.32.

However we bought another HDR last night from Argos and it's running the new software FHTCP 1.03.06 and loader a7.34. I'm a bit confused as to whether af's custom firmware will work on this new unit.

Can someone please clarify if it will work, where do I download it from and is there a risk we will brick the unit as others have done. Thanks a lot guys appreciate your help as always :)

Are the aerial ports on the back of your new box horizontal or vertical?

Posted on the move

Are the aerial ports on the back of your new box horizontal or vertical?

Posted on the move
Hadn't noticed that difference Kev! They are vertical on this new unit.
Also says micom 12.1 in the menu system and the box says it's HDR-FOX T2/GB/RE if that helps.

Hi Mrs Snowman, I'll try to sum up what (I think) we know
1) The HDR-FOX T2/GB/RE has a different tuner module that may need different software to drive it
2) Humax have put 1.03.06 on both HDR-FOX T2/GB and HDR-FOX T2/GB/RE units
3) /RE units have only been supplied with 1.03.06
4) Two units supplied with 1.03.06 and then downgraded to 1.02.32 appeared be unable to tune properly, these units have been returned to Humax (See #241)
5) 1.03.06 has not been released for download, but it has been extracted from an HDR by af123 and a CFW version created from it
6) Users with /GB/RE + official 01.03.06 have installed 01.03.06 + CFW2.19 and reported that it works O.K.

If I were you I would allow other users to check the above and correct it if necessary before you carry out No. 6

Hi Ezra, Nice to see a familiar face. Thanks for the summing up, my OH doesn't want the new unit if the custom won't work on it so I'm so grateful that af123 has done this so quickly. I'm a bit nervous of the bricking issue but I think we will need to give it a go so I hope all goes well. Having read the thread I noticed someone mentioned their new units said micom 9.3 whereas our new one says 12.1, do you think that will cause any issues?

Ok thanks Martin, so iplayer will still work if we don't use the custom portal?
Yes, and it will be much faster than your other box and use the BBCs new 'big screen' version too.

Don't worry about the Micom version. All models with the /RE designation are running Micom 12. We don't know what the differences are there yet.

Posted on the move; please excuse any brevity.

Yes, and it will be much faster than your other box and use the BBCs new 'big screen' version too.

Don't worry about the Micom version. All models with the /RE designation are running Micom 12. We don't know what the differences are there yet.

Posted on the move; please excuse any brevity.
Thanks af, you're a little gem !

Hi Folks,

Have been having a read of this thread. I'm already running af's brilliant custom firmware on my HDR with software 1.02.32.

However we bought another HDR last night from Argos and it's running the new software FHTCP 1.03.06 and loader a7.34. I'm a bit confused as to whether af's custom firmware will work on this new unit.

Can someone please clarify if it will work, where do I download it from and is there a risk we will brick the unit as others have done. Thanks a lot guys appreciate your help as always :)
I installed 1.03.06 CF 2.19 on my new hardware RE box on 23rd September, and the only issue noted so far is that portal-xtra1 does not currently work.

Have just installed the custom and all seems well, thanks af :) Hubby is currently going through it all and installing his purple ring etc and is like a kid at Christmas lol

Only one thing appears to be missing, the good old 'swap info and list button' can't be found. Did you leave that out of this new custom af or am I being a numpty here? The 'remote' section where I installed it from isn't on the new custom and we have searched everywhere else but can't find it. Appreciate your help again, many thanks :)

Back