[CFW 2.19/1.03.06] Custom firmware for version 1.03.06

No doubt you guys will be aware of the new software 1.03.11. I received a refurbed 1TB today and it had this loaded, so I'll wait patently as I have the cfw on my old machine (running 1.02.20) and it's been fantastic. Never having seen 1.03.06 I don't know how this differs.

No doubt you guys will be aware of the new software 1.03.11.
That's the first time I've seen it mentioned. Interesting!
Could you confirm other versions on there? (Loader and Micom) and is it a new /RE model?

Thanks.

Loader is a7.34, Micom 9.3, Update Date 10Dec 2013, and it's a refurbed ?GB, not /RE.

EPG speed is the same as my old one, i.e. much faster than my Foxsat HDR!

Thanks. That's fairly recent then. The update date for 1.03.06 is 6th March 2013.

There seem to be newer versions in testing (link to thread) though I am not sure of the version number quoted (1.02.31 on a HD-Fox) as 1.02.32 was loaded on graded units sold last year. I can't imagine that Humax would create new versions if they did not intend to release one of them eventually, though they might not release 1.03.11 for the HDR-Fox as the date of the update indicates that they would not have known about the new HD channel recording bug.

No doubt you guys will be aware of the new software 1.03.11. I received a refurbed 1TB today and it had this loaded, so I'll wait patently as I have the cfw on my old machine (running 1.02.20) and it's been fantastic. Never having seen 1.03.06 I don't know how this differs.
The best thing about 1.03.06, in my opinion, is that it has the latest version of BBC iPlayer which is much improved.

Is someone going to give 1.03.11 to AFC123 so we can all enjoy it on our HDRs. I like the BBC iPlayer implementation on 1.03.06. I'd also like that on my HD only box as well, but may be pushing my luck if Humax have never developed it ?.

@Tell. You can run 1.03.06 on the HD-Fox (in HDR mode) if you install the Boot-HDR package and use the 1.03.06 .hdf file instead of version 1.02.20 which is used by default. It runs well on the HD-Fox: the new version of iPlayer works without problems.

Hi,

EDIT: Cancel this - Forgot to rename - DOH

The 1.03,06.hdf file that was extracted doesn't seem to install as an update file from 1.02.32 !

Is this normal ?

I've just discovered that there is a fault on my graded unit that arrived with 1.03.06 and was loaded with CF. I seem to only be able to get back to vanilla 1.02.32

????

If you intend to return your unit to Humax the steps are :-
Web Interface Menu select >> Diagnostics >> Set-Return-to-manufacturer (RMA) Mode
Install official firmware 1.02.32 (to remove the RMA on display)
Install the non-Custom version of 1.03.06

Thanks Ezra,

I had done it all up to the last step, but failed to rename the file to hdr_fox_t2_upgrade.hdf.

Worked as soon as I renamed it correctly.
Brain fade on a long day (that's my excuse)

Cheers, Pete

@Tell. You can run 1.03.06 on the HD-Fox (in HDR mode) if you install the Boot-HDR package and use the 1.03.06 .hdf file instead of version 1.02.20 which is used by default. It runs well on the HD-Fox: the new version of iPlayer works without problems.

Thanks MontysEvilTwin I saw that module and wondered what it did.... but thought it did something else.... oops, I will give it a go.

The original bootHDR thread can be found here. It allows HDR software to run on a HD-Fox and enables programme decryption, but you can't record in this mode. When you install the bootHDR package it will download and install version 1.02.20 by default, but if you place a copy of the standard (non-customised) 1.03.06 upgrade file (named 'hdr_fox_t2_upgrade.hdf' - the filename is case sensitive) in the '/mod' folder before installing the package it will install the version you selected. You then can use the new iPlayer version, and save the downloaded programmes through Web-if, if you like (the latter feature is also available with older versions of the HDR software).

OK I've got it working. I noted that it had previously created the directory "HDRfs" which needed to be got rid off - by renaming my ability to delete didn't seem to work on it. As you say lower case is important on "hdr_fox_t2_upgrade.hdf" using the non customised which created the HDRfs although the screen sort of hung but I think that was an installation thing. I use the copy directory "Trigger-HDRMode" method to create a reboot. Then it worked but not in record mode as said. I note that you can now stream and save the downloads as you can on the HDR. I got to read the rest of the thread you linked to. Not too sure whether its worth the hassle for the iPlayer screen alone but for downloaded it could have it's uses. The problem is whilst in HDR mode it won't record which means you could miss stuff. I could be merrily getting on with my house clearance tasks hoping to watch a bit of TV in the evening relaxing to find I'd missed it due to recording failure.

I agree, the new iPlayer is a nice to have but the most useful feature is that it allows programmes recorded on a HD-Fox to be decrypted. The fact that the software runs well means that there should be no technical issue preventing Humax from releasing version 1.03.xx for the HD-Fox. Fingers crossed...

Agreed. At the minute my HDR feeds the HD via physically using a 64GB Dàne Electric USB stick formatted to ext3 and a micro USB Logitech hub on the HD with the suitable custom package on the HDR changing the flags by driving round the M25 / M1.....

Back