Customised Firmware 2.10 (for 1.02.27)

I like the extra "Cust FW 2.10" front panel message.;)
It's in the release notes but I should say here that I stole the idea (though not the code) shamelessly from the new custom Foxsat firmware.

I gritted my teeth and told myself that only unreconstructed geeks install betas. Then I installed it anyway. Fortunately, it all seems A-OK so far.

I'm fighting the urge to install the ugrade - must ... resist ... the ... download :eek::rolleyes:
You know that you want to do it.:) Resistance is futile, you will give in eventually, why not do it now.:D

Excellent work guys! I was rather apprehensive but it all installed like a dream! Thank you for the quick turn around, the beta release from Humax was only early in the week and within a few days you have put together an upgrade for the custom firmware. You guys are legends!

FYI diag remove_mod_yes_i_am_sure sorted my box out. Cheers AF.. maybe you should add a quick list of these diag names into the webif page for reference?

The webif is still being a bit odd and not updating the installed page unless I exit IE and reopen it.. never had this before..

Went fine all in all.

One little glitch where the box took on the power on/sleep event that I had set via RS and forgot the early morning time set via the box.

Not yet, no. Been out all day and just starting to catch up.

Update: Failed (me that is, not the upgrade). I do at least have four downloads in captivity.

Humax HD FOX T2 - purchased March 2012

I've just upgraded!

The first download from Humax wasn't recognised so I had to redownload it.

All seems to have gone OK, I get the F 2.10 message on boot :), I've just booted into HDR mode and I'm copying a file to my network which plays OK on my PC and O!Play..

My bootloader has gone from 7.26 to 7.27.

What I don't get is the on screen message when the wrong button is pressed on the remote?

- Universal Remote feedback messages on screen
When a mode button is pressed on the remote (PVR, TV, DVD, Audio) an image appears on screen.
If a mode button is pressed in error when trying to control the Humax product user is informed on screen to press the PVR button.

It doesn't bother me, but it seem strange that it's not there "as promised".

I'm assuming there's not a "disable on screen messages" in the Humax menu. :)

Apparently the on screen messages only work with an MDB remote, and not with an ADB remote. You can check which type you have by looking at the stick on label in the battery compartment (not the label on the back of the cover). This information was originally posted by Barry on "My Humax Forum".

Aaarrgghh not been checking the posts over the weekend and now it looks like Black Hole is going to load up and be running an update before I am!!! :frantic:

It's not like I always have to be first or anything like but I was always ahead of BH!!!! Now I feel very disappointed in myself :( ;)

Apparently the on screen messages only work with an MDB remote, and not with an ADB remote. You can check which type you have by looking at the stick on label in the battery compartment (not the label on the back of the cover). This information was originally posted by Barry on "My Humax Forum".

That's the one!

I've got an ADB one - whatever that means.

Thanks Brian - and Barry.

Back