Customised Firmware 2.10 (for 1.02.27)

One good thing about the new firmware is that the lack of audio when resuming a networked streamed file seems to have been fixed......

OK, my HDR seems to have had an issue this morning by running the Factory Default, it did not auto run it, it simply was on with WIZARD in the front display, and it went through a first time installation.:eek:

I had an issue yesterday where the box failed to switch on as usual, and so I looked at the schedule on the WebIf and noticed it had failed to do the 04:30hrs Auto Update, and that there was 2 of these, one from the day before and one for this morning! I deleted the old one, and when I put the box into standby, it failed to go into standby and stayed in half awake mode, so I turned it off using the switch at the back, re-started and then decided to add the disable-ota package so that this issue wouldn't happen again, but now it looks like something else has gone wrong!:confused:

I notice from the recent activity list on the RS site, it has a system booted time as 07:00:25hrs, then a Updated Channel Data 07:02:23hrs and then the usual Updated Disk Contents at 07:03:57hrs.

I will restore the schedule and see what happens tomorrow morning, but I hope it was a one off, but after the fact my box seemed to have an issue with re-tuning before I am not sure I trust it anymore!:frantic:

Any ideas why or what I can do to resolve this issue?

OK, my HDR seems to have had an issue this morning by running the Factory Default, it did not auto run it, it simply was on with WIZARD in the front display, and it went through a first time installation.:eek:
I had this happen with one of my boxes last week, I'm not sure what caused it but it seems to have been OK since.

I had this happen with one of my boxes last week, I'm not sure what caused it but it seems to have been OK since.

Hmm, OK so not just me then!

Well I have restored my schedule to yesterday mornings, and now I notice the RS site's EPG is not working!

Now I will try and remember what I added yesterday, as I hadn't backed up my schedule manually, and the one the box took yesterday was at 2am! Luckily the RS site gives me a list of I added!

Well I have restored my schedule to yesterday mornings, and now I notice the RS site's EPG is not working!

That is probably because your box hasn't yet uploaded a list of its channels. When it does, the EPG should start working.

It does it once a day on the first boot. You can force it from the command line with:

Code:
humax# rs push channels

(The humax# bit is shown for context - start typing from the rs)

I just updated to the official 1.02.27 firmware ready to then install the modified firmware over it.
The firmware has updated to the correct version, but the loader is stuck at 7.30, not the newer 7.31.

I have rebooted several times (unplugged) and reinstalled again, but it wont update the loader.

So, is this an issue? The instructions say to reboot a couple of times to ensure the loader is updated.

My previous history was running 1.11, I then updated to 1.02.20 to allow me to run the 'prepare for update script'
Then installed official 1.02.27.

Now what do i do?

Thanks

I just updated to the official 1.02.27 firmware ready to then install the modified firmware over it.
The firmware has updated to the correct version, but the loader is stuck at 7.30, not the newer 7.31.

The HDR firmware did not include a loader update but the HD firmware did. As a result, there are HDRs around with three different loader versions and no obvious difference between them! Mine is a7.30

The instruction to reboot twice is for the HD model so that the loader gets properly updated.

OK, thanks for clearing that up. According to the readme for the file I downloaded it says it does included a later bootloader, but as long as you guys no different and its nothing to worry about I'll go ahead and install the custom ROM. Thanks

OK, well I'm browsing with iOS at the moment and it won't open those links for me to look so I'll follow ths up later, but I can confirm that the HD version of 1.02.27 updates the loader while the HDR version does not.

Back