Decryption On PC Using Linux

It might be easier but I understood it would take a lot longer, the recording I want to decrypt is 2 hours long so I thought I would do it on my PC.

It might be easier but I understood it would take a lot longer, the recording I want to decrypt is 2 hours long so I thought I would do it on my PC.
If performed in software, it takes a while but not very long really. However, hardware decryption is done in the blink of an eye (sort of!). It seems to me you've been ignoring the obvious on a false premise.
  1. For HiDef recordings, install the auto-unprotect package (so the Enc flag gets removed);

2. Ensure you have Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Content Share = ON;

3. WebIF >> Browse Media Files >> [find desired recording] >> OPT+ >> Decrypt.
That's just one-off decryption. Many of us routinely decrypt as a matter of course by setting Recursive Auto-Decrypt on the My Video folder.

WebIF >> Browse Media Files >> [find desired recording] >> OPT+ >> Decrypt.
Even better is select recording Queue for -> Decrypt and it will run in the background
or in folder options select Auto decrypt to decrypt all recording in the folder, or recursive auto-decrypt on the "My Video" folder to decrypt everything

Thanks for the information.

As I said in #22, I understood it would take longer and was not ignoring the obvious because it is the first time I tried to use the procedure and was obvious to me.

As it is not obvious to me, in what circumstances would it be preferable to use stripts?

Thanks

I understood it would take longer and was not ignoring the obvious because it is the first time I tried to use the procedure
My point is: understood how? Where did you get the idea to pursue software decryption instead of the internal facilities we've had since the year dot? It does appear to be ignorance on your part, especially since I brought it up in post 2.

Things Every... section 5.

As it is not obvious to me, in what circumstances would it be preferable to use stripts?
As per the title of the link I provided before: Rescuing Recordings from a Dead HDR-FOX, and also useful for units without access to hardware decryption – ie HD-FOX.

If you no longer have access to the original machine e.g . recovering recording following a system board failure
Thanks sounds useful if l ever get in that situation.
FWIW I did successfully decrypt my small test file "in the blink of an eye"!

Thanks

Back