DLNA to Smart TVs

I think what you want is covered by auto-shrink - if you use the WebIF media browser you will find it on the OPT+ button for a folder (in which case any existing or new files which arrive in the folder will be shrunk), or you can process files individually.

To resurrect this thread, we can manually demux an individual file by script to then view by DLNA on a Sony tv but it is not yet automated like HD decrypting with web-if? Is this still the situation?

You can enable auto-unprotect but the 'demux' script is still done manually at present, Black Hole I don't think auto shrink yet includes the addition of auto demux - this is the part that sorts the streams so the TV will play via it's built in DLNA media player.

Can't hurt to try it again, I'm now behind with cfw and base though as of this weekend :)

I do have a few folders setup to auto shrink so will try, I know previously it was the audio streams throwing the tv's ability to play back.

I'm afraid to say having got the raspberry pi + raspbmc (xbmc for pi) working with xbmc my interest in getting the tv itself to do it has diminished a little as xbmc has a much friendlier interface and just works (I'm putting a guide together)

Regards

Damian

To resurrect this thread, we can manually demux an individual file by script to then view by DLNA on a Sony tv but it is not yet automated like HD decrypting with web-if? Is this still the situation?
Yes, that's still true. I need to pick up on this again and add a way of automating the process.

Not done an awful lot on the script over the summer - there's been too much good telly has been on so I've been watching rather than archiving.

I've dumped the ffmpeg route I was working on in favour of stripts.

The script itself is an amalgation of the concepts in nicesplice-magic-folders and network-shares-automount which means that both the source amd destination folders can be changed in the same way that mount points are changeable. The benefit is that the output file can be created on the fly on a NAS (my driver) and it will cope with changes to "edit" folder - mine is now [Edit] for consistency with other packages.

However with a load of hi-def films to archive, I dusted it off over the weekend to pick up where I was.

I've not solved the problem of the segmentation fault but have narrowed it down and got a working solution. It appears that the segmentation fault occurs with hi-def recordings that have been cropped either by nicesplice or webif (which I do a lot with things I want to archive - no padding / adverts).

Using stripts first and then cropping is fine (though the cut points move ever so slightly).

Std-def files do not seem to mind being cropped first.

A couple of people have enquired after this thread - I'll cross-reference to those new threads I've spotted.

I've not posted the script because I wasn't sure what the rules are about putting scripts out in the wild - can anyone advise what the proper procedure is? There's another script I'm using which automatically locks/unlocks files according to rules set in a ModSettings folder and which might be of interest.

Although I've been using the script for a while it was my first attempt at shell scripting so is probably a bit buggy. But it does seem to do the job and the Panasonic happily plays the demuxed files.

If anyone wants the scripts please message me and I'll send it across.

Also, with the latest version of the web interface, 0.10-3, setting a folder to auto-decrypt and auto-shrink at the same time will result in the files having their PATs fixed up at the same time ax being shrunk, which should allow them to be watched via DLNA to a smart TV.

A script for those who want everything decrypted and fixed automatically is a good idea though!

Also, with the latest version of the web interface, 0.10-3, setting a folder to auto-decrypt and auto-shrink at the same time will result in the files having their PATs fixed up at the same time ax being shrunk, which should allow them to be watched via DLNA to a smart TV.

A script for those who want everything decrypted and fixed automatically is a good idea though!

I've got mine set for auto decrypt and shrink but unfortunately this was all done under 0.10-2 I'm guessing I need to run a stripts -F on all of the files that have already been decrypted and shrunk?

I've got mine set for auto decrypt and shrink but unfortunately this was all done under 0.10-2 I'm guessing I need to run a stripts -F on all of the files that have already been decrypted and shrunk?
Yes, that should make them playable.

I'm guessing I need to run a stripts -F on all of the files that have already been decrypted and shrunk?

I found that the webif embedded version of stripts does not create files that can be used on my Panasonic, but stripts -f does. This is the switch option I use within in the script.

Hi I have the same problem I've created a folder called Auto Shrink with various files in and have set auto decrypt and shrink using opt+ but files still do not play on my sony dnla tv. would someone give an old timer in simple terms how to i run a stripts -F as quoted above.
Please say is it in a telnet command window ?, and what exactly do I type where including an example file name. so full typing path
Alan

This works a treat to my Sony DLNA TV.

Alan, are you remembering to use MediaTomb as opposed to the native Humax DLNA server (that's what i'm using)?

Hi tech76
Are you saying that just using AF123's folder option and Auto decrypt and Auto shrink works for you ?
I think I would still like to try the strips -F option if I can find out how I do it
Yes I have media tomb installed but am not sure if I have to do anything with it to catalogue folders etc.
I can see media tomb from the tv and the TV lists the folders and files, but when I press OK to play, the icon whirls round and says can not play file.
I have the Sony KDL-37V5500 model its 2 years old. its so frustrating, I want to buy another DNLA enabled TV for Kitchen use, but want to know it will work.
I'm accessing the T2 via homeplugs to my Router how is your setup wired ?
thanks for your response Alan

Hi Alan,
Are you saying that just using AF123's folder option and Auto decrypt and Auto shrink works for you ?
Yes, indeed.

I have a totally WiFi setup (TV, T2 etc). While I had previously used stripts -F <input filename> <output filename> (that's from memory so maybe incorrect), the new (AF123 - credit to him) method worked too.

I now have some folders with auto-decrypt and auto-shrink set and after giving the box time to process those files (ensure WebIf shows the files as processed) I can access the recordings purely via MediaTomb DLNA. My Sony TV is a 2011 model.

If I use the native Humax DLNA server the TV seems to play the files but there is no sound or picture, FF/RW, pause all work ok in this pointless scenario.

Stripts with either -f or -F creates files that work on the Panasonic.

Yes, the command as quoted using telnet is what's needed to perform a transformation manually.

Stripts with either -f or -F creates files that work on the Panasonic.

Yes, the command as quoted using telnet is what's needed to perform a transformation manually.

Hi Mad Ian and Tech76
Thanks for your replies I have borrowed a 2011 model 22" sony that will now play ONE of the files in my auto decrypt folder
So after 18mths trying to get my Freesat humax files to play, I bought the T2 and with its extra system Memory and all the work AF123 and the other members have put in, I'm moving forward at last.

As only one file plays its a BBC HD prog about Spitfires, so thats Brill, FF Pause etc all work and I can also watch the same file on main TV at different places on the recording, but I would like to try the stripts option on the non playing files, before checking all file parameters.

I Logged into Command Prompt window typed Telnet 192.168.1.3 up came the HUMAX# prompt, this is where I'm now unsure
I typed "stripts -F BBC News at Ten.ts" without speech marks of course, and got HUMAX TS Stripper Tool v1.1.2, by AF123,2012 followed by the syntax list
stripts [options] <input> <output>
I retyped putting <BBC News at Ten> etc and got prompt -/bin/sh: syntax error: redirection unexpected
As I said am not very ok on the Syntax of this Telnet lark, and would have expected to have to give a path to my folder

Any help regarding what to type would be gratefully received
Alan

You need the whole file name in quotes or you need to escape the spaces using the backslash key.
You can also use the Tab key to auto-complete file names, which does the latter for you.
You do have to gives paths to the names as well, unless you use cd to change to the right place first.

Back