Event scheduled via RS forgot to reboot, now event has been and gone. Future series possible to be introduced in schedule?

SemiRamis

Could it be possible to get the series into the schedule from the info still in the pending scheduled event in RS?

Could it be possible to get the series into the schedule from the info still in the pending scheduled event in RS?
Assuming you are talking about the remote scheduling Auto processing rules you can go Refresh the rule on the Auto page.

If you are scheduling via the EPG pages then you can just choose an episode of the series and click on Record Series

If you are scheduling via the EPG pages then you can just choose an episode of the series and click on Record Series
This.

Currently there are no new episodes in the series but there will be.
Does the fact that there are no new episodes mean that the event which was set up as a series record will just stay blank until new episodes appear or will it disappear on reboot?

Does the series show as present on the home page of RS?
If it does the series was scheduled correctly on the Humax and and future episodes using the same series identifier (SCRID) will be recorded when they are broadcast,
If not the series will have to be added to the recording schedule when it next appears in the epg.

This can be done manually using the "Record Series" button in the epg or you can set up rules on the Auto page of RS to scan the EPG for you and will either notify you or the can automatically schedule the programme for you.

Note broadcaster sometime mess around changing series CRIDs so you do need to keep an eye on the schedule to make sure everything you expect to record is.

If the event is in Pending but already past it's due date then it will be ignored and you will need to reschedule the series.
You could set a daily repeating reminder to wake the humax up for a short period each day to process requests from RS

You could set a daily repeating reminder to wake the humax up for a short period each day to process requests from RS
...but it still needs a reboot after that, if there is a new schedule entry received during that awake period. The next wake-up might serve as the reboot, but if those are the only awake periods (and they trigger reboots in the process of waking up – they might not, under some circumstances) you have a potential 48 hours delay before an RS schedule can get acted on. As noted above, RTS eliminates the need for a reboot, hence cuts the potential delay down to 24 hours (or however often the unit is awake).

If people expect things to work in a timely manner, WTF do they keep turning things off and then complain that nothing works?

...but it still needs a reboot after that, if there is a new schedule entry received during that awake period. The next wake-up might serve as the reboot, but if those are the only awake periods (and they trigger reboots in the process of waking up – they might not, under some circumstances) you have a potential 48 hours delay before an RS schedule can get acted on. As noted above, RTS eliminates the need for a reboot, hence cuts the potential delay down to 24 hours (or however often the unit is awake).
Don't really need any of that. I use the reboot green button virtually all the time.

Don't really need any of that. I use the reboot green button virtually all the time.
Your choice, if that's what you like to do (why???). Not much good if the unit is recording at the time...

RTS works for WebIF schedules, it isn't just for RS.

If the event is in Pending but already past it's due date then it will be ignored and you will need to reschedule the series.
Well, I have now rebooted and the series entry is now in the humax schedule just like all the other expired entries. Do you really mean that it will not pick up new episodes?

Do you really mean that it will not pick up new episodes?
Provided the first is within three months of the entry being inserted (and the new episodes have the same series ID).

You said you forgot to reboot after setting a schedule by RS. I've suggested RTS as a means that you don't have to remember to reboot. You can lead a horse to water...

Last edited:
I've had the very occasional one, but they are few and far between and far less risk than forgetting to reboot.

In all the years I have used RTS I have never had a runaway recording.
You're a lot better than these guys

You're a lot better than these guys

But the people who had runaways in that thread are also those recommending that you use Real Time Scheduling.

The most common causes of runaway recordings were debugged and resolved several years ago.
These days they are very rare and if they do occur all you have to do is to press the stop button on the remote.

I would not go back to life before RTS for any reason - it is so much easier to be able to schedule a recording a few minutes before it is due to start without needing to worry about other recordings or what SWMBO is watching.

Back