Foxsat with Home Assistant?

Thread drift. Have requested split off.
g’day Prpr

Just to let you know I’m still watching the thread for updates etc.
if you do have a package that can be tested, I can give it a shot and post my findings.

Ta in Advanced

I'm afraid I've rather lost the thread on this one. I packaged it and tried it, and there are two problems which need solving, one of which is the return of the "reloc 0x7e" problem mentioned previously, which is obviously a show-stopper. Can't remember what I did to fix it either.
The other is to do with the service-manager package which is somewhat dim compared to the Fox T2 version.

I've remembered what I did so I've fixed it, built and tested a package and it works for me.
Also updated the service-manager package.
Both are now available in the repository.
The mosquitto package installs with the server disabled, so if you want it, you need to enable it on the Service Management page.

I'm starting to get interested in this. It might provide a solution if the Gosund server went AWOL.

Savage work prpr.

Cheers for your efforts and perseverance on it! You've no idea how excited I am to give this a shot!

I know it's a niche thing but I'll give that a lamp tonight, and if I can contribute something back to the community on HA integration - it may help other curious users with these boxes!

Any news?
So far. None! It is a lot more difficult to get box status / recordings etc to make it usable for mqtt!

However,
Successfully installed MQTT and can communicate/ monitor it via MQTT explorer.. which was great!

Looked around the forums for some commands over ssh, found one called Status.. alas, that’s not a thing for the FoxSat.. seems like the other Foxsat T2 model had a lot more options available to it than the Sat one.

Checked logs to see what is captured such as turning on / off, if anything is recorded, schedules etc.

Na da, so had to bail on that route..
The only thing that did show up was if a program had completed a recording..

Went snooping at RS to see what that captures as that might have been a useful method to snipe data and parse it onto mqtt.
The logs are uncomprehendable by me and I can’t figure out how that works.

So I ended up at an impasse until I can find another rabbit hole to go down..

I can see why MQTT was never thought of for the foxsat, there may be nothing for it !

I’ll see if the big G can give me another path to explore

That’s the story so far.. not great on my part

Foxsat T2
You mean HDR-FOX T2 (terrestrial FreeviewHD). Yes, it is more powerful than a Foxsat-HDR.

What’s this gosund server?
The intermediary for the Gosund range of smart plugs etc. An app on my phone lets me do things such as power-cycle my HDR-FOX when RS tells me it's crashed, even while away from home, so you can be sure the smart plugs are linking through to their server. If the server ceases to be available for any reason, then all my smart plugs become paperweights.

Don't say it won't happen, many Amazon and Google devices have been bricked by an incompatible firmware update or support being quietly dropped. The Gosund (et al) business model, where they continue to provide the server for free after purchase, only works while they continue to sell more kit to fund the server. No more sales = no more revenue = nothing to run the server on.

Ah ok - Gotcha - Gosund is like those Tuya or insert other name plugs where you have to link it up to their Ewelink apps.. or in your case, their app.
I'm pretty anti-cloud so anything that I can run local and let HA deal with it I will... I've flashed plugs and stuff in order to gain total control,, off topic but I understand what you mean now.
Hive Heating comes to mind for discontinuing services.. like their cameras.. total ewaste.

Yup - I meant the FoxT2. No use for that in Ireland.. we can't pick up Freeview OTA, our equivalent is Saorview (Translates to Freeview as it happens) but only 12 channels and most of that is blergh. Thanks RTE.

I'm still tinkering with MQTT on the Foxsat HDR... But nothing useful, Still many brick walls.
Mostly due to my tech limitation of Sat boxes and Humax specifically.

Yup - I meant the FoxT2. No use for that in Ireland..
The HDR-FOX is multi-national and works on Saorview – we have (or used to have) users battling with how to have the Saorview and Freeview EPGs simultaneously (I don't think you can).

Back