HDD not detected following fixdisk scan

Hey, decided to run a routine fixdisk scan today, short scan, it returned no errors or issues except, the box was stuck on initialising and showing that no internal HDD was detected.
Two further scans using telnet resulted to the same.
What is happening?, Recent viewing of SMART data fid not raise any concerns?.

Have you tried turning it off and on again (switch on the back)?

What do you mean "stuck on initialising" - that sounds like something you are seeing in the web browser. What is actually shown on the TV?

I have switched the unit on and off at the back , it has not helped, stuck on initialising , yeas this is indicated in the browser , on the TV there is no display as you would expect, just a blank screen.

Apologies, i need to amend an error in post #3, I said that the TV screen was blank, that is incorrect, the HDMI cable was detached at the time, the T2 does in fact power up and work as a receiver but no access to storage.
I removed the HDD and looked at the partitions on it on my Linux computer.The main partition file is corrupted but can't be repaired using 'disks' on my laptop, any further advice please?.

I said that the TV screen was blank, that is incorrect, the HDMI cable was detached at the time, the T2 does in fact power up and work as a receiver
I'm sure there used to be an animated emoticon on here for banging head against wall, but I can't find it now. You get my drift.

I removed the HDD and looked at the partitions on it on my Linux computer.The main partition file is corrupted but can't be repaired using 'disks' on my laptop, any further advice please?.
Looking through your history, is this the same HDD you were having trouble with last November... and if it is didn't you see the writing on the wall?

It is indeed the same HDD, every indication from SMART data showed that the drive was and still is in good health, my troubles started following a routine fixdisk short scan, after which, I have not been able to access the box via Webif, which displays a message that it cannot detect an internal HDD, access via telnet has not lead to resolving this issue.
The main partition on the drive, /dev/sdc2, cannot be repaired or mounted and it appears to be a RO filesystem.
My question is, why has a routine scan caused this to occur and can it be repaired?.

SMART data showed that the drive was and still is in good health
And? What you mean is it hadn't logged any errors. Was it new or second hand? There are people out there who "fix" things like they clock car odometers.

why has a routine scan caused this
Don't confuse correlation with causation. There is a correlation, but that is not proof of causation.

can it be repaired?
You've got the drive connected to a (hopefully) Linux PC, so you're best placed to answer that question. The standard tools for the job are at your disposal, and will be much quicker on a PC (and potentially more advanced). Google "ext3 file system check linux".

OK, so if you can repair it you get all or most of your recordings back (maybe) and can copy them off, but continue to use the HDD at your own risk!

Back