How to delete video files copied to Aura

dalebrian

We have now got an Aura which will mainly be used by SWMBO. I copied the .ts files of unwatched programmes from her previous Humax box to the Aura's "Movies" directory using FTP.

I installed MX Player and VLC player. Both apps find the files and play them.

How would my wife delete these files? When trying with MX player I get this message about write permission. With VLC Player, I can't even see any delete options.
No root directory shows in MX Player. I can delete them for her using FTP but is there a way that she can do it herself on the Aura?
DSC08729.JPG

When I click OK, the screen goes back to the list of recordings (not "the following screen"). I can't find a way to access the root directory in order to grant MX Player Write permission.

Last edited:
When I click OK, the screen goes back to the list of recordings (not "the following screen"). I can't find a way to access the root directory in order to grant MX Player Write permission.
I'm not a Aura owner but in general on Android devices I would try Settings->Apps->appname->Permissions->Storage

AFAIK VLC has no options for file deletion (something I miss on PC)

You could also try installing a File Manager app from the App store

I went to Home > Settings > Apps > MX Player > Permissions
The storage permission was already selected.

Thanks for the idea of a File Manager. I tried two (AnExplorer and File Manager). I can see the recordings I copied to the box, but I can't see a way to delete them using those apps. With the method above, I can see they both also have storage permission granted.

Back