I must have been sleeping

Peso

Prompted by David500‘s update to default authorisation, I discovered a couple of new packages for the HDR were available. Wow!

Swapspace. I’ve seen checkdisk set this up when it runs. With this package is it now running all the time? Is the benefit one of speed or stability?

smartctl. Is this only accessible via putty etc? I see no access to its data like you have the T2.

Finally
mosquitto. I looked this up but didn’t understand what it does or what I could do with it!!! Should I install it anyway to assist other applications or leave it out and continue to happily skip through my garden of ignorance?

Cheers everyone.

smartctl. Is this only accessible via putty etc?
Yes.
mosquitto. I looked this up but didn’t understand what it does or what I could do with it!!! Should I install it anyway to assist other applications or leave it out and continue to happily skip through my garden of ignorance?
If you don't know what it does or how to use it then no. It doesn't assist anything else.

Swapspace. I’ve seen checkdisk set this up when it runs. With this package is it now running all the time? Is the benefit one of speed or stability?
It's useful when running something like FFMPEG to do a conversion, which can easily bomb out when the files are large or memory limited (eg HD-FOX). I doubt it's permanently on, just invoke it through the command line when needed.

Back