In-browser playback

O.K. I though that is probably what you meant, However in #13 it does look like af123 is saying that with the VLC plug-in that FF/FR should be supported

O.K. I though that is probably what you meant, However in #13 it does look like af123 is saying that with the VLC plug-in that FF/FR should be supported
There's supposed to be a slider under the video and a working time index at the right. It isn't working yet though.

what browser are you using?

I'm Using IE 9 on Win 7 - 32 bit OK on Freesat, but still not on Freeview ver, have now tried FireFox on Freeview, and that seems to work ok, but no fast foreward etc,
so tried the Right click copy and paste DNLA URL method straight into VLC, and thats perfect even with HD, normal Full VLC play FF etc functions, downside its a bit fiddley though.

I have updated to VLC media player 2.0.0 Twoflower, and VLC Web Plugin 2.0.0.99, and this feature still works OK. Will this new version allow any improved functionality to be added, such as extra transport controls and working time display.

I have updated to VLC media player 2.0.0 Twoflower, and VLC Web Plugin 2.0.0.99, and this feature still works OK. Will this new version allow any improved functionality to be added, such as extra transport controls and working time display.
Yes - I was waiting for that to come out before doing more work on it.

VLC version 2 - available now.
- Adds uPnP capability similar to that previously only available in linux. No more need to copy the DLNA URL.
- Mozilla browser plugin is more resilient - no longer crashes on exit - but still no transport control.

I think VLC just became a strong contender as a streaming client.

Sorry it's taken so long but I had some time to play with this.

It seems that it isn't going to be possible to add a progress bar or elapsed time counter to the VLC instance. It's a limitation of the mpegts decoder in VLC itself, it just doesn't provide that information for these TS streams.

That said, I've just updated the web interface with a new version of the player which adds a few more buttons and removes the non-working ones. You can now change the playback speed (up to 8x at present which seems to be about the limits of the network) and turn subtitles on and off. I'll add more things if possible.

Have just tried to update and get the following error

Code:
>>> opkg update

Collected errors:

* opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /tmp/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable.

Updating package meta information

Done.

It takes a while for packages to be published. Try now, hopefully it will work.

I thought id try this on OSX. I didnt have the vlc plugin in chrome and was running older version of the app, 1.12. I couldn't seem to find the plugin so just installed the latest version 2.0.2.

Dont even need to use the webif website!! I can just doubleclick on a recording via vlc/dlna itself. This is going to be useful when im looking to play the xbox and the missus wants to watch a show!

vlc1.jpg
vlc2.jpg

I'm sure that this used to work for me, but now I'm getting:

"No plugin available to display this content"

I'm using chrome. Doesn't work in IE either.

Not quite so easy with the P.C. version of VLC ver. 2.0.4 because I can't get it to list the files on the Humax, however it will work if you go to Media >> Network Stream >> Enter a Network URL and enter a link such as :- http://10.0.0.200:9000/web/media/343.TS

Just spotted this on another forum thread (thanks to af123), apparently the P.C. version of VLC ver. 2.0.4 can list files on the Humax by going to the top tool bar >> View >> Play List (or CTRL L) >> Local Network >> Universal Plug and Play >> HDR Fox T2 >> My Contents >> My Video etc

I was keen to try 2.0.5 but having downloaded it from HERE and virus checked it, I was a bit concerned at this report :-

Code:
Virus Total Report

SHA256:    a1c26e3abaae6232404462f09cab268ac9ce84febcea3b4ee7d3e4aec8dad787
File name:    vlc-2.0.5-win32.exe
Detection ratio:    2 / 37
Analysis date:    2013-01-12 18:32:32 UTC ( 48 minutes ago )

Antiy-AV    Virus/Win32.Xpaj
ViRobot    Trojan.Win32.A.Zbot.22916830

@Ezra

I downloaded both the 32 & 64 bit versions of VLC 2.0.5 days ago form the same site as you. I have only installed the 64 bit version and no virus was flagged at that time. Just out of curiosity, I have just scanned both of the installation files and they have both 'come up clean'.

I use ESET Antivirus v5.2.15 with the latest virus signature database.

Back