is custom FW required to watch recordings from one T2 on another T2 on same network?

Yes that will be the problem. You need to edit the iptables rule so that only packets from the MyCloud drive IP address are dropped: Web-If >> Settings >> Settings for DLNA-Filter package
So it's the ip of the mycloud that I need to put into the filter setting or the ip of the other t2? I have tried both and the mycloud still shows in media>storage>network no matter which ip I take out of put in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: the T2 upstairs is finding the T2 from downstairs in media>storage>network but the downstairs one doesn't see the upstairs one, could this be because there is a lot more stuff on the upstairs one and it will take a lot longer so show?

Thanks to everyone for your help, you are all awesome.

Also- I have put the IP of the mycloud into the filter setting and it still shows up in media>storage>network but I'm now guessing that its not causing an issue because of the above??

Update: the T2 upstairs is finding the T2 from downstairs in media>storage>network but the downstairs one doesn't see the upstairs one, could this be because there is a lot more stuff on the upstairs one and it will take a lot longer so show?
I doubt it. I presume you installed the DLNA Filter package on both HDR-FOX units: did you input the NAS IP address into the settings pages of both?

Also- I have put the IP of the mycloud into the filter setting and it still shows up in media>storage>network but I'm now guessing that its not causing an issue because of the above???
I think this is correct see the link here.

I did put ip in both filter settings on webif. I have come to bed now so I will see in the morning if it's working.

Thank you for your help

What are the IP settings for each unit? Do you use DHCP or manual settings? If manual, set DHCP and click "apply".

What are the IP settings for each unit? Do you use DHCP or manual settings? If manual, set DHCP and click "apply".
Both are on manual, both have the mycloud ip in the dlna filter in webif, 1 of the t2 can see the other but not the other way around.

Further update: both seem to find each other now but after a restart of the T2 (from standby) when I go to media>storage>network then select the other T2 it causes the T2 to crash (it says on display CRASH REBOOT IN....) only the one I'm using crashes because I can still hear the sound from the other one, as far as I can work out the crash doesn't happen unless I try to connect the the other T2 and after that 1st crash it works fine (this happens on both T2s)

You've been there before! The only part which might apply to your situation is 2C part 1. It's clutching at straws, but you might try running fix-disk (from the Telnet maintenance-mode menu). Corrupted recording files can cause the delinquent half-awake state, but I suppose they might result in reboots. If all else fails you could try archiving off all your recordings and deleting, see if the problem goes away then bring back half of them, and half of the rest, etc, to subdivide where the problem is.

What worries me is that both of your HDRs do the same thing, and really I would prefer to look for explanations which are common to both - which suggests something else on your network or something about the configuration. I think the first thing to do is to disconnect your Twonky device from the network (temporarily, anyway) and see if the problems go away. Remove the dlna-filter package if necessary.

It's always a good idea to go back to basics: you could, for example, with the Twonky device off the network, strip the HDRs back to standard, set DHCP, and test the native streaming facilities as intended.

Alternatively: give up on DLNA and use network-shares-automount.

Last edited:
BTW, I get a strange reboot on an HD-FOX when I am using VLC on iPad to access an HDR-FOX by FTP, and then disconnect the FTP session. You would think that nothing in any of that could affect the HD-FOX - and yet it does, every time. If nothing else, this demonstrates there are still bugs in the Humax code which are yet to be pinned down and can result in some strange effects.

A packet trace from the HD would be very interesting. As you say, there's no explanation for that behaviour.

You've been there before! The only part which might apply to your situation is 2C part 1. It's clutching at straws, but you might try running fix-disk (from the Telnet maintenance-mode menu). Corrupted recording files can cause the delinquent half-awake state, but I suppose they might result in reboots. If all else fails you could try archiving off all your recordings and deleting, see if the problem goes away then bring back half of them, and half of the rest, etc, to subdivide where the problem is.

What worries me is that both of your HDRs do the same thing, and really I would prefer to look for explanations which are common to both - which suggests something else on your network or something about the configuration. I think the first thing to do is to disconnect your Twonky device from the network (temporarily, anyway) and see if the problems go away. Remove the dlna-filter package if necessary.

It's always a good idea to go back to basics: you could, for example, with the Twonky device off the network, strip the HDRs back to standard, set DHCP, and test the native streaming facilities as intended.

Alternatively: give up on DLNA and use network-shares-automount.

I followed step 2C part 1 and when I went to turn on content share after resetting DLNA database the T2 crashed as I turned it on, I rebooted the device (using the power button on remote) and 20 seconds later it crashed again.

Back